Best Fitness Magazine

Options
Opinions on the best health/fitness/diet magazine? I want good, solid advice - but presented in a REALISTIC way - real people - not 18-25 y/o professional models on the cover. Not that there's anything wrong with that - but I don't want to open a magazine & feel badly about myself LOL.

Replies

• OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Oxygen Magazine!!!!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    LOVE Oxygen. GREAT ADVICE!!!!
  • jlowensby
    jlowensby Posts: 142
    Options
    My favorite is Oxygen Magazine!!!!

DITTO..best hands down!
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Having been a professional coachmost of my life I will concur that Oxygen in a great one focused on women. I also add that Women's Health is solid. Hope this helps!
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    :smile: See - this is why I love MFP - I never even heard of that magazine before. I just subscribed!!!! Thanks...
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    :smile: See - this is why I love MFP - I never even heard of that magazine before. I just subscribed!!!! Thanks...

Another big fan of Oxygen! I think you're going to really like it. I have found some of my favorite recipes there, too!
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I really like Health, Self, and Prevention as well... I feel like sometimes Oxygen is too hardcore for me (I'm not in that great of shape yet). Hopefully I'll work my way up to it!
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    oOH - good to know that's it's a little hardcore Amber - LOL - I may need to try one of the other ones too....
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Womens Health is really good. If you don't want to commit to subscribing just yet, check out the website first. A ton of free info there too!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/

Happy reading!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have tons of Oxygen magazines and they really help people who have no idea about nutrition and working out. I wouldn't say it was hardcore. I think they are just giving as much advice as possible. It's like christmas when I get this in the mail monthly. They really give you routines that you can do at the gym or at home. It's great.