Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

CW: 176 I lost the pound that I gained last week. So I'm up and down but not making any real progress.

I faithfully logged all the food I ate last week but didn't do so well on the deep cleaning. However, I did a lot of other exercises.

My trigger foods are anything sweet. I will be trying to stay away from all sweets this week. As for the exercise challenge, I will try to go up and down the stairs at work during my lunch break.

Opal
  • Carrie704
    Carrie704 Posts: 176
    Options
    current weight 125

i was sick so i rested most of it.. and didnt eat perfectly - so i'm glad i didnt gain! still plenty of time :)
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight on September 6, 2011: 158.4lbs
    Goal Weight by November 22, 2011: 143.0lbs

Week One on September 13, 2011: 156.4lbs
    Week Two on September 20, 2011: 154.8lbs
    Week Three on September 27, 2011: Didn't weigh in. TOM.
    Week Four on October 4, 2011: 153.0lbs
    Week Five on October 11, 2011: 151.8lbs

Loss of 1.2lbs. Good loss - on for a bigger one next week! Really planning my weekend out since when I go back home, I tend to gain.

The walking challenge will be...semi-easy for me. I normally walk 4 miles a day anyways. I'll just bump it up this week!
    The keeping sweets below 100 will be hard! Haha. I just made 150 calorie pumpkin pie!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    257 this week :) Finally some progress. I feel like i really did well this past week and i have a few NSV's to share with you all.
    I had to go buy new underwear cos they wouldnt stay up:blushing:
    Found a few more clothes that i can give to my sister that no longer fit me.
    Another great thing that i've managed to do is all my christmas shopping, no gettting crushed in the last minute rush for me this year.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I was MIA and AWOL for a couple weeks because I was really struggling with my weight loss journey. This is a summary of my weigh ins since the challenge began:

Sept. 6: 144 pounds
    Sept. 13: 143 pounds
    Sept. 20: 143 pounds
    Sept. 27: Didn't send a weigh in but "checked in" on Sept. 28th
    Oct. 4: Didn't post a weigh in
    Oct. 11: 141. 7 pounds

My Confession: I didn't send weigh ins as I was going through a rough time with my weight loss and my health and I ended up gaining weight and didn't want to post that I gained weight.
    It was not the right thing to do but it was easy to do as with the challenge, if you don't send your weigh in you just disappear off the list temporarily so there was no one or nothing to hold me accountable and when it seems as though there are no consequences it's very easy to avoid posting a weight gain.

I have looked at the spreadsheet and I know our weights go up and down and the spreadsheet shows just that but I was always mad at myself when I had a gain, especially on a weigh in day as I I felt I was letting myself down and I would think if other people are posting losses I should be able to do it too but I kept falling off the wagon.

So, here are ALL my weigh ins:

Sept. 6: 144 pounds
    Sept. 13: 143 pounds (lost 1 pound)
    Sept. 20: 143 pounds (maintained 1 pound loss)
    Sept. 27: 147.3 pounds (gained 4.3 pounds, my low point mentally and emotionally and partially out of my control due to TOM and endometriosis and medication I was on that had me eating meals when I wasn't hungry and frustration that led to more eating)
    Oct. 4: 144.1 pounds (lost 3.2 pounds as TOM and endometriosis were getting better and I was slowly trying to get somewhat back on track)
    Oct. 11: 141. 7 pounds (lost 2.4 pounds as I worked harder at getting back on track)

Overall Weight Loss During Challenge So Far: 2.3 pounds

So, I am working to stay on track (but as many of you know that is not an easy thing to do) and I don't want to have to post any more gains but if a gain happens I won't hide out and you can call me out if I do!

Now you're like, "Who is this person?" ;) as I didn't post on the thread a lot previously and then I disappeared altogether but I hope my name will become familiar as then it will mean I am active on my weight loss journey!

I believe this challenge is to be healthy for the American Thanksgiving (and maybe for Christmas too?) as it ends on Nov. 22 and I think American Thanksgiving is on Nov. 24 but I am Canadian and just celebrated Thanksgiving on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday with dinner at my parents' house and dinner at my aunt's house and dinner at a restaurant and leftovers from my mom and am happy to report that although my weight fluctuated over the weekend and I did allow myself some desserts I didn't go overboard with the food and I did some exercise and I am able to report a loss today and not a gain which even I am shocked about! :) I did wake up hungry though as I didn't eat a lot at my aunt's house last night! ;)

So, I am wishing you all success on your weight loss journey and I am wanting to live up to my username: inshapeCK!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was back on days this week, and it shows in my numbers. I get a TON of walking done at work! I wish I had a pedometer because I'd be interested to know just how much. It helps that the doctor with whom I was working this past week refuses to take elevators, so we were walking up and down stairs all the time.

SW: 135.0
    Week 1: 136.5
    Week 2: 134.0
    Week 3: 132.5
    Week 4: 134.0
    Week 5: 131.5

GW: 129

I certainly like that loss, but I'm unhappy with the fluctuations over the past couple weeks. I just think that can't be healthy. I guess I will try to stay on track EVERY week, that way maybe I won't see the ups and downs.
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    142.6 down 2.8 for the week baby!! :bigsmile: I must have been mad bloated last week or my self kick in the *kitten* this week worked out well for me... or a combination of both.... I'm so not out of the woods yet though. I will not be satisfied until I'm in the 130's.

Trigger foods: Pizza (and this one is ROUGH for me since we are really a pizza family and get it 1x week at minimum... but its a total trigger food and normally takes everything in me to STOP at 3 slices, which is still 900 calories :sick:

chocolate: is hard for me but wont be too big of a problem. I actually keep a bag of chocolates at my desk because when I get the craving its worth it to me to feed it for 100 calories and let it be. its bad when I keep dipping my hand in the bag. BUT I only have 1 more, so I just wont buy anymore this week.

I have to look into desk exercises since I dont know how much I'll be making it to the gym this week. Im shooting for W-Fr I just had too much to do during my lunch hours yesterday and today. I'll of course be sure to fit in some Jillian time W-Fr as well (and hopefully something small tonight)
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Good morning:) I've been on vacation since last week and last week I got my house super duper clean. I haven't worked out as much as I"ve liked but I've really been watching my food intake. Anyway, my weight is down 1.2 this week from 140.8 to 139.6! Yah, I have finally broke into the 130's!!:):)
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    CW for this week: 188.4

hey all,

I've been doing really good and have this momentum going, so I'll just hang on to that. Did okay this weekend, and even took 2 days off exercising to regroup.

Have an awesome day all!
  • Tissues
    Options
    Good morning:) I've been on vacation since last week and last week I got my house super duper clean. I haven't worked out as much as I"ve liked but I've really been watching my food intake. Anyway, my weight is down 1.2 this week from 140.8 to 139.6! Yah, I have finally broke into the 130's!!:):)

I'm soooooooooooooooooooo jealous! You've been kicking butt though and i've been nothing but excuses lately... way to push through Angela!
  • vcmete222
    Options
    Lost 1.2 pounds this week! Shooting to get below 140 next week.
  • Michelle228
    Michelle228 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lost 4 lbs ! down to 302 omg next weigh in there will be no more 300 !!!! never again will I see that number :)
  • ceejay000
    Options
    Hey everyone, I need some advice. I'm going to be in my friend's wedding in May, and she's been bugging me for a while to get measured for my bridesmaid dress so she can order them all together. I'm gonna go get measured today because I don't want to make her wait any longer, but what would you all do in this situation? I still have about 10 lb to lose, and hopefully that will happen between now and May... I think that's probably a little bit too much to trust the measurements I get today, but I don't want to put off losing this weight just to fit into a dress. What do you think?
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    153ibs, so 0.7 up! Oh dear wrong direction :( I will have to borrow one of Tissues butt kicks

Well done all who are still posting. Who would have believed it would be SUCH a challenge to lose the last kilogrom

Have a good week :)

I logged everything but the puppy has already sorted out most rooms!
    I like this weeks challenges also My triggerfood - probably lollies! Very hard just to have one
  • Tissues
    Options
    Hey everyone, I need some advice. I'm going to be in my friend's wedding in May, and she's been bugging me for a while to get measured for my bridesmaid dress so she can order them all together. I'm gonna go get measured today because I don't want to make her wait any longer, but what would you all do in this situation? I still have about 10 lb to lose, and hopefully that will happen between now and May... I think that's probably a little bit too much to trust the measurements I get today, but I don't want to put off losing this weight just to fit into a dress. What do you think?

get fitted for it now and if you lose the weight get it taken in. May? why are you ordering dresses now though? if it can be put off until a month or two before the wedding I would go that way. Is she ordering them early and getting them cut from the same batch of material?

Ask her if this is the deadline because 7 months is a long ways away...
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Bridesmaid dresses run so weird you'll probably have to have it altered in some way regardless. Order it so it will fit now - it's just safer. You can have it altered closer to the wedding, especially since you aren't that far from your goal.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    H4H SW 156.2
    9/13 154.6
    9/20 153.4
    9/27 153.0
    10/4151.2
    10/11 150.6
    H4H GW 150

down 0.6 lb. this week, and looking forward to possibly bidding the 150's goodbye in the next week or so.

I didn't get to clean my house top to bottom (and I really wanted to!) since I was tending to my wine-making this week, but I did LOTS of standing and slow moving while stemming and crushing grapes, cooking meals for the freezer, cleaning up the kitchen multiple times, shopping, helping friends with a quilt project, and bottling last year's wine.

I've moved most of my trigger foods out of the house, since I'm not supposed to be eating them anyway. My downfall has always been anything salty and chip-like--can't eat just one (handful).
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I completely forgot to weigh this am! I will do so in the am. Sorry!
  • hopelyss
    hopelyss Posts: 145
    Options
    SW: 186.6
    Week 1: 183.6
    Week 2: 180.2
    Week 3: 179.4
    Week 4: 178.6
    Week 5: 177.0
    GW: 171

Another 1.6 pounds gone!!!:laugh:
  • ceejay000
    Options

get fitted for it now and if you lose the weight get it taken in. May? why are you ordering dresses now though? if it can be put off until a month or two before the wedding I would go that way. Is she ordering them early and getting them cut from the same batch of material?

Ask her if this is the deadline because 7 months is a long ways away...

Trust me, I'm kind of irritated that I have to tell her 7 months in advance what size I want to wear... I think it's a little ridiculous, but she actually wanted it a week or two ago, so I'm technically late. :noway:

Thanks for the advice. I went and got measured today, and I'm a little worried because using the rule of picking a size based on the largest measurement, the size is 2 sizes bigger than if I used my other measurements.... hopefully I'll be able to get it altered without it looking too weird.