Workout clothes

Options
I've been just wearing old T-shirts for the longest time when I'm playing basketball or tennis. I recently switched to wearing Dri-Fit type shirt made by Puma and I've noticed that wicks stuff away better, but when I empty the gym bag, it smells so much funkier than my old cotton T-Shirts. Same goes for some of these golf shirts which I think are the same material and I wear those for a much longer than a workout shirt. (There's only so much Axe body spray that I can use before... well... you've seen the commercial).

Can anyone recommend some good work out apparel?

Replies

• audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    LULU Lemon!!!
  • CLRacer2912
    Options
    Good workout apparel is whatever keeps you comfortable during the workout. As for the after effect, try putting a small bottle of Febreeze in your bag or check out the odor eater balls that are made to put in your shoes. Try putting it in an inside pocket of your gym bag.
  • Pdschurig
    Pdschurig Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You could try and fabrees your gym bag, since you had your other clothes ect in there it could use a little freshening up. Just a thought!
  • Jennolli
    Jennolli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    just wear natural cotton clothes. sure the Dri-fit wicks more off but I would rather have a sweaty man that a stinky one lol
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    LULU Lemon!!!

LuLu Lemon is way too expensive for most people. I know that I for one cannot spend $100 on a pair of pants. I have a hard time spending 30 bucks for workout wear.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that you work out in public, or I would suggest NOTHING!!! eeeeeeeee :devil:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that you work out in public, or I would suggest NOTHING!!! eeeeeeeee :devil:

I'll work out shirtless in public AFTER I have a six pack.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    does it matter that your workout bag smells funky? Just make sure you air it out well after the shirts have been in there. I'm old enough to remember the smell that 'body shirts' made in the 70s - polyester and sweat just don't mix. Otherwise stick to cotton with a bit of elastane, they don't wick, but they fit and they don't smell as much.

GG