Being recognized

paynetopia
paynetopia Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Success Stories
Yesterday was an amazing day for me! I was standing with a group of fellow workers and someone came up to us and paid me the best compliment! She said she had been looking for me and passed by the group I had been talking to three times not recognizing me, because I looked so different with all the weight I have lost! I seriously almost hugged her!! I have lost nearly 30 pounds (only about 3-4 more to go) and I owe it all to my wife. She has really kept me going and come up with amazing low fat/low cal recipes from various sources. She also calculates her own recipes and places them here in the food database to help us keep track. On top of everything else she gets me up and going to exercise. She is an amazing motivator and looks incredible (which is another great motivator)! :smile:
This site is amazing!!!!!!

Replies

• Yesterday was an amazing day for me! I was standing with a group of fellow workers and someone came up to us and paid me the best compliment! She said she had been looking for me and passed by the group I had been talking to three times not recognizing me, because I looked so different with all the weight I have lost! I seriously almost hugged her!! I have lost nearly 30 pounds (only about 3-4 more to go) and I owe it all to my wife. She has really kept me going and come up with amazing low fat/low cal recipes from various sources. She also calculates her own recipes and places them here in the food database to help us keep track. On top of everything else she gets me up and going to exercise. She is an amazing motivator and looks incredible (which is another great motivator)! :smile:
    This site is amazing!!!!!!
  • cookydt
    cookydt Posts: 45 Member
    Isn't that the best feeling? That's one of the times your effort is SO worth it!
    Give your wife a hug for being such a great support system! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    That's fantastic! Congratulations on the weight loss so far & keep up the amazing work!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:

I hope you tell your wife exactly what you told us. :happy:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Isn't that crazy?! I was at a party last weekend and was sitting at the same table with a gal I had worked with for years. She hasn't seen me in almost a year. She talked with me for about 10 minutes before she figured out who she was talking to! It made me feel great. But it's a little sickening too, because you have to wonder to yourself, geesh, how bad did I look like before? LOL

157695.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    It's a dreary day where I am this morning, but your post just filled my heart with sunshine! Congratulations on the tremendous weight loss! And kudos to your wife for her support. It really is easier when we feel like there's someone on our side, isn't it?!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    can I borrow her for a few weeks? :tongue:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Congrats! That always feels awesome. And congrats for having such a great support system. Make sure she knows :smile: .
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    way to go !!!:flowerforyou:
    i had the same thing happen last weekend so a friend i havent seen in about 8 months he looked at me and walked right past me he didnt recognize me . tell i stopped him :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Congrats, that is so awesome. Keep up the great work.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!