Insanity-4th week but still no change in weight loss

Options
Good morning!! I am a 37yr old mom who is on my 4th week of the Insanity workout program. In my profession I sit at a desk all day then get wtih Shaun T 6days a week for 40 minutes a day. I was never one to do much excercise so after starting this I expected immediate results...that I have yet to see. Like everyone else I gained 4lbs the first week or two (muscle??) and although I am not following the diet plan exactly I have modified my eating drastically. I am looking for support from people maybe at their 4th week along or further along for advise. Am I ever going to see 1 of these 6pack abs I want so badly?

Replies

• alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359142-insanity-shakeology-resuls

You can check my results.
    I did not loose much weight but I was very proud of my overall success.
    You'll see more results on the last month, workouts are harder but you'll see results.
    And also you'll see a big difference in pictures and in measurements more than a number on the scale.
    Keep it up!
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much body fat you currently have on your frame. Abs are made in the kitchen. In order to get those ripped abs, women needs to be between 14-18% body fat while guys about 12% to see their abs. You can do all the cardio until you're blue in the face but it won't show until you get your diet up to par.
  • getfitmom4
    Options
    I had the same problem with Insanity, however, it is not so much for weighloss as you are loosing the fat, toning up and gaining muscle. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. It is not what the number on the scale says (even though I get frustrated when it is going up or not moving since according to "The Charts" I am obese at my current weight) it is all about how you feel, what you look like, how your clothes fit and the number on the tape measure.
    Keep up the good and hard work it will totally be worth it in the end.

Remember you will be a better, healthier mom in the end and when those grandbabies come you will be able to chase and keep up with them better than any other grandma out there.
  • adammccrady
    adammccrady Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My wife and I did a full round of Insanity, and had the same exact experience.... Not mych wieght loss at all, but we could definitely see (and feel) the change in our bodies! Stick with it, and don;t use the scale as a measuring stick for success... I suggest staying off it all together. Compare your pre-Insanity measurements to your post- and you will know results. I lost several inches on many of my measurements...
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!! With Insanity, I lost 13lbs but 22.75 inches!! Definitely don't go by the scale, use your measurements and how you feel more than anything!! Dont get discouraged!!

Good luck with it!! ! It sounds like you are doing well!!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 5th week of Turbo Fire, which is also cardio based, and I had a slight gain, which only at the end of the 4th week I've started to lose. I have lost inches though.

I was starting to feel a bit disheartened, but I read this article, which someone posted on here and I've nabbed and keep it in my notes as 'something to bear in mind' for those days when I feel fed up!

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan
  • miss0174
    Options
    I really appreciate all of your stories...gives me hope. So today starts my "maintanence week". I think im excited for month 2 to start along with its challenges that will come. I really do feel stronger than I ever have so now its time to shed these unwanted pounds...at this stage I would be happy with 10lbs. Cross your fingers for me!!:wink: