after C25K question

Options
jlanab
jlanab Posts: 89 Member
I am three weeks from finishing C25K. I can already run a full 5K but am completing the app to see if their intervals will decreases my run time.After that I plan to continue running (sounds so weird coming from ME :huh: ). What other apps have people used to run 8K, 10K 1/2 or full marathons? I eventually want to do a full marathon but would like to take baby steps along the way. Please do tell!
I know there are many programs available but if you or someone you know has had success with a particular app or website please be specific so beginner runners can do some research :smile:

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm still finishing up C25K myself, but I downloaded the "Bridge to 10K" app to use when I'm done because it is designed to be the follow-up program to C25K. It's a 6-week program that starts out with some intervals again, but with more repetitions. Looks pretty good!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    There is a Bridge to 10K app out there, it didn't really work for me though. I was still trying to run some 5K's and it didn't help me with those...but it works for others! There are plenty of 10K, 1/2 and even full marathon training plans out there.
    For me I just started adding distance to my runs until I reached 10K, found a 1/2 marathon training plan I liked and started that and tweeked it as I needed too in prep for my first 1/2 in December.
  • KiteGirl83
    Options
    I want the B210K app, but am using this website along with coolrunning.com as a way to plan my runs/times: http://www.halhigdon.com/
  • MandyNellPark
    MandyNellPark Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Shortly after I completed the C25K program I began Hal Higdon's half- marathon training. I haven't ran into any problems & I'm running 8 miles through.
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used Bluefin Software's Couch 2 5K and then went right into using their Bridge 2 10K app. It worked great for me. I am a slow runner and the max running time on that app is 60 minutes. That was about 5 miles for me so for my 1st 10K I had to go the extra distance but it really wasn't that hard. I am now using Bluefin's Hal Higdon Half Marathon Training app for Novices and I will run my 1st half marathon on Oct. 23rd. I have been running with some other people so I've modified the program some. The app has you peaking at 10 miles the weekend before your half, but I went out with a friend 2 weekends ago and jumped up from 7 miles to 12 miles. I did 12 miles again this past Sunday. And I will tell you that I am still 265 pounds. So the program will work but I just felt that I needed to modify it a little. I have downloaded Bluefin's Hal Higdon Marathon Training app too and I plan to start it the day after I finish my half. I'm hoping to run my 1st full marathon in Feb. Good luck! And keep running!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!