New 6day diet - lose 10lbs!!

Options
Hiya guys :)

Im going to be trying this new diet that my friend went on,next week... Starting Monday.. is a 6day diet.. she lost 10lbs & said it was easy to do because you can eat as much of the things listed as you like & she has kept the weight off by making sure she sticks within her calories!

You are all welcome to join me & we can record out results together, just add me
Day 1 : Eat only Soup & Fruit - not bananas
Day 2 : Eat only Veg & Salad - no cheese or ham, light mayo/dressing
Day 3 : Eat only Soup, Fruit & Veg
Day 4 : Eat only Bananas & Milk
Day 5 : Eat only Chicken breast, Soup & Tomatoes
Day 6 : Eat only Soup, Veg & Beef

If you are either allergic, vegetarian, lactosintolarent or dislike any of these foods you can adapt this list to your own personal preference... aslong as it falls in the fruit, veg, soup criteria!

I know alot of people will think this is a bad idea but I have tried nearly every diet ive heard of... Lighterlife, Slimmingworld, Slimfast, Weightwatchers, Atkins, Hopstialdiet, Celebdiet, Liquid-diet... so whats one more diet going to do... il give it a go & if i like the results il let you know :)

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I know alot of people will think this is a bad idea but I have tried nearly every diet ive heard of... Lighterlife, Slimmingworld, Slimfast, Weightwatchers, Atkins, Hopstialdiet, Celebdiet, Liquid-diet... so whats one more diet going to do... il give it a go & if i like the results il let you know :)

Or you could eat like a normal person, lose weight the right way, then you don't have to try yet another crazy diet. Just a thought.
  • hchandler0823
    hchandler0823 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Or you could eat like a normal person, lose weight the right way, then you don't have to try yet another crazy diet. Just a thought.
    [/quote]

Agreed!
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Eye Roll...
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I know that this is going to sound crazy, and totally out of left field....but.....have you considered NOT DIETING and just eating REAL food and tracking the calories? I thought I heard someone say one time that it was a pretty effective method and is much more manageable. Or did I dream that...hmmm.....
  • EmmaCate123
    Options
    Define normal person?

I appreciate your opionions but already losing 2 dress sizes and weight.. i would like to see if this diet works... im doing this for me... not to be put into a strangers 'normal person' category :)
  • smahy0504
    smahy0504 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    the reason why you loose so much so fast is because you never have a chance to get off the toilet.. just saying
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    It is not what you eat, it is how much you eat =) So you can eat whatever you like in moderation and as long as you meet your macros for the day.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Seriously????:ohwell:
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Agreed!
    [/quote]
  • EmmaCate123
    Options
    I know that this is going to sound crazy, and totally out of left field....but.....have you considered NOT DIETING and just eating REAL food and tracking the calories? I thought I heard someone say one time that it was a pretty effective method and is much more manageable. Or did I dream that...hmmm.....

i am doing that and have been for a few weeks as you can see why i am on here... and have been doing well at it... im sure you have all tried fad diets before.. some that have worked and some that may not have.. i appreciate your opinions but i will give this a go
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    *faceplantintodesk.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Agreed!

seen it all now, cant believe anyone with a sane mind would do that, that just aint healthy
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    And next week you'll probably gain half of it back.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in 6 days would be water weight. 10 pounds of fat is equal to 35000 calories. So unless you burn about 6000 calories a day more than you eat, you aren't losing 10 pounds of fat in 6 days. It's a crap diet idea, and not healthy.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Is this a real post or a troll? I can't tell...
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    I know people are objecting. But it's not like crazy food (read: "eat only cabbage for 14 days"). It could be an interesting mix up to your routine and confuse your body/metabolism a bit and help kickstart weightloss or help break through a plateau. I know there's lots of "out-there" diets but this doesn't seem too bad and it's only 6 days. So she'll know pretty quick if it doesn't work. I'll stay tuned for progress updates.

And FYI, before you attack me, I lost 20lbs so far eating healthy and tracking calories and exercising.

Jusy sayin'... to each his own.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm still laughing over "Day 4 -- Milk and bananas". What stupidity.
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Had a friend of mine do this once and on the Veg day she came to my house shaking a crying because she was so hungry!!!! It was like seeing someone come off of Crack, scared me enough to always try my hardest to eat no less than 1200 a day and that no fad diet would work. In the end she gained 3lbs in those few days and is now on FP and has lost 20lbs in a few months!
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

i totally agree with you!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Listen all, the Simmonator can guarantee that the only way to lose weight is to shimmy in your short shorts