Low Carb Snacks

Options
I'm trying to watch my carb intake through out the day and it seems like most of my carbs are from my snacks. Does anyone have ideas for snacks that are low carb and about 100 to 150 calories?

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    cheese sticks
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Cheese :)
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    String cheese, hard boiled eggs
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    raw almonds, boiled eggs, cheese
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is great - though you have to watch the sodium.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I like radishes dipped in cream cheese.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    cheese, peanut butter, nuts, celery, eggs, turkey or ham slices.
  • LECIAKAY05
    Options
    Pork Rinds are good too!
  • iMeow
    iMeow Posts: 10
    Options
    I googled "low carb snacks" and got a ton of results from about.com:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/snacks.htm

There's some good ones in there, and depending on what brands/ingredients used, you can keep them well within your 100-150 calorie range.
    My favorite snack is edamame, baby carrots or celery and PB. Hope this helps!
  • PollyUrwin
    PollyUrwin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Raw veg?
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, Lunch meat roll ups with laughing cow cheese, Bell peppers, Celery sticks, Edamame, Nuts

Soy Latte (iced or hot)

Blend a cup of light soymilk with a shot or two (1/8 to 1/4 cup) of espresso or triple-strength coffee (decaf if you're sensitive to caffeine). Serve over or blend with 3/4 cup crushed ice for an iced soy latte.

Each serving contains: 8.5 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 73 calories, 6 grams protein, 1.9 grams fat, 0 gram saturated fat
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    raw almonds, boiled eggs, cheese

This.

If you are going low-carb then you want to make sure you are getting plenty of healthy fats. 2 hard boiled eggs make a great snack and only around 140 calories (although I could care less about calories - I learned when you track carbs - and only eat them in the form of veggies and occasional berries, nuts and seeds - you don't have to track calories because you don't overeat - protein and fat are much more filling. I don't recommend any processed low-carb "healthy" snacks. They are no healthier than high-carb processed "healthy" snack.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If you are going low-carb then you want to make sure you are getting plenty of healthy fats. 2 hard boiled eggs make a great snack and only around 140 calories (although I could care less about calories - I learned when you track carbs - and only eat them in the form of veggies and occasional berries, nuts and seeds - you don't have to track calories because you don't overeat - protein and fat are much more filling. I don't recommend any processed low-carb "healthy" snacks. They are no healthier than high-carb processed "healthy" snack.

Amen! This, yes. I eat 2-4 hard-boiled eggs on an average day.
    And a lot of the snacks that claim to be "low-carb" still have more carbs than I'm allowed to eat in a day! Not sure what their definition of "low" is, but it's a lot higher than mine...

Also, avoid any snacks that say "low-fat." Because when you remove the fat, you remove the flavor. And to make it not taste like cardboard, they usually add sugar & carbs. Just snack on higher-protein foods like eggs, cheese wedges, almonds, beef jerky, Greek yogurt, or try a drink made with a low-carb flavored protein powder.

Good luck to you!
  • brittany7621
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to watch my carb intake through out the day and it seems like most of my carbs are from my snacks. Does anyone have ideas for snacks that are low carb and about 100 to 150 calories?

I snack on raw nuts, cut up vegetables and beef jerky.
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    With my husband being diabetic we really watch our carbs..snacks we have to kept at 15g or less...I absolutely love and recommend the sugar-free Jello pudding snacks if you are craving something sweet. The boston cream pie is really good. They do not taste sugar-free.
    Cheese sticks are great, but only in moderation because it can be too "binding". I am also making note of what a lot of the others have suggested because we are always looking for new foods to snack on.
  • Tlbiggers
    Options
    I love to drain a can of garbanzo beans after simmering to soften them up. Let cool then spoon them into the snack size bags. I usually get 4 bags from a can. I like eating that as my 2:00 snack at wk. then I spray the ranch spray on them for a little more flavor. Or lemon juice w garlic salt.