New 6day diet - lose 10lbs!!

Options

Replies

• lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    guys If you dont like this post... simply dont respond.

I am normal, i have a sain mind, i am just trying a new diet that may or may not work, it maybe another fad.. if it is then ive only lost 6days...then back to how i am eating now!

Im not going to starve myself i can eat as MUCH as i like of this stuff the whole day aslong as i meet my targets...

You know everyone prides themselves on here as being "supportive" except when someone mentions a diet they dont think is right. ... Irritates me. SERIOUSLY??

If this is how someone is going to motivate themselves to become healthy that is their choice. And I commend them for it.

You go girl!! Let me know how it goes.

=]

feel free to add me for some POSITIVE vibes =]]]
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Listen all, the Simmonator can guarantee that the only way to lose weight is to shimmy in your short shorts

Do you shimmy every day? Or just on Banana and Milk day?....or No banana day?.....I be so confused...
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    People need to chill out. At least she's eating.

:drinker:
  • mrslaw85
    mrslaw85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So people where I work did this. Two got sick before the end of the 6 days and quit. Of the remaining 3 all gained back the weight they lost plus within a few days of ending.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options

I am normal, i have a sain mind, i am just trying a new diet that may or may not work, it maybe another fad.. if it is then ive only lost 6days...then back to how i am eating now!.

Well, at least you're "sain"...whatever that means. Best of luck.
  • EmmaCate123
    Options
    Anyone ever thought how bad it is for your body to be overweight and how you got to that stage in the first place??? By over eating....so under eating for a week really isn't that much considering how long it takes someone to put weight on!! We all know how to loose weight and the right thing to do and sometimes a quick fix might just get you motivated again. What you need to remember is, its not you doing the plan!!

agreed!! :)

if it doesnt work then i can sling it back in with the fad diets... and the only reason these past diets didnt work was because i always celebrated by eating a pizza or chocolate!!
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "New 6day diet - lose 10lbs!!"

I honestly thought I was going to click on this link and see:

"Just gnaw through your arm out of hunger on day 6 and voila- 10 lbs gone!!"

Joking aside, I've had friends do things like this (soup, veg and fruit for 5-7 days) before big events to try and fit into skintight dresses- and it totally worked. Except all the fruit and veg and soup with nothing to cling to gave them a fetching case of "party bum" for days. I could see it working to slim down or feel less bloated before a set date but as a "kickstart" to a healthier lifestyle? I'm a wee bit skeptical, I must admit.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Is this a real post or a troll? I can't tell...

your pic scares me............

and I agree that this isn't a wise choice to lose weight - cuz you'll just have to LOSE IT AGAIN when you gain it all back!!!

lol about the pic I was thinking the same thing

Scary is my specialty.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I know that this is going to sound crazy, and totally out of left field....but.....have you considered NOT DIETING and just eating REAL food and tracking the calories? I thought I heard someone say one time that it was a pretty effective method and is much more manageable. Or did I dream that...hmmm.....

i am doing that and have been for a few weeks as you can see why i am on here... and have been doing well at it... im sure you have all tried fad diets before.. some that have worked and some that may not have.. i appreciate your opinions but i will give this a go

Hey I admire the fact that you want to try this yourself, everything about this lifestyle is trial and error =) However if I were you I would budget for extra toilet paper and keep a close eye on your sodium intake, soup tend to be very salty

PB - have you thought of being a politician? You responses are always very gracious! Also, I'd like to see your shirtless campaign photos.... mmmmm

Sorry, anyway, I've not done any fad diets, not really any diet. I've changed my eating habits and exercise routine to reflect my new healthy attitude. I agree with a majority of the other posts that this isn't a good idea, and you're not actually losing fat. But, you're going to do it anyway, so good luck!
  • EmmaCate123
    Options
    [[/quote]

You know everyone prides themselves on here as being "supportive" except when someone mentions a diet they dont think is right. ... Irritates me. SERIOUSLY??

If this is how someone is going to motivate themselves to become healthy that is their choice. And I commend them for it.

=]

[/quote]

Thanks, will add you definatly... its nice to know some people arent so small minded :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

If we don't like it we can shut up? Haha not likely. If you don't want comments then don't post something that you KNOW people will disagree with.
    You know everyone prides themselves on here as being "supportive" except when someone mentions a diet they dont think is right.
    "Supportive" doesn't mean "agreeing with everything you say", sweetheart. If you're doing something silly, it is supportive of people to speak up.

Go right ahead and do whatever you want. Are you going to be back here in two weeks complaining that you gained it all back?
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't personally do this but i would say if you're eating over 1200 calories a day doing this it's no different than any other diet as far as calories go. i would get sick of eating the same thing all day but it coudl work if the calorie intake is right and you watch the sodium.
  • EmmaCate123
    Options

If we don't like it we can shut up? Haha not likely. If you don't want comments then don't post something that you KNOW people will disagree with.

Go right ahead and do whatever you want. Are you going to be back here in two weeks complaining that you gained it all back?

No i will be back on here... skinny :)
  • icewyche
    icewyche Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I am normal, i have a sain mind, i am just trying a new diet that may or may not work, it maybe another fad.. if it is then ive only lost 6days...then back to how i am eating now!

Im not going to starve myself i can eat as MUCH as i like of this stuff the whole day aslong as i meet my targets...

=]

So...we should be "supportive" of blatantly unhealthy fad diets? Considering how hard most of us work to lose weight and maintain it in an actual healthy manner, I don't think you're going to find a lot of people signing on to that mindset. Especially since a lot of us have tried weird diets like that and can say with certainty that they DO NOT WORK and in fact do more harm than good.
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm thinking not a good idea. My trainers at Golds Gym said that if you don't watch sodium intake, that you're looking to fall and not lose weight. Do you realize how much sodium is in soup? I know this is your choice, but I would seriously take all the replies to heart. Just my two cents......
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Hiya guys :)

Im going to be trying this new diet that my friend went on,next week... Starting Monday.. is a 6day diet.. she lost 10lbs & said it was easy to do because you can eat as much of the things listed as you like & she has kept the weight off by making sure she sticks within her calories!

You are all welcome to join me & we can record out results together, just add me
    Day 1 : Eat only Soup & Fruit - not bananas
    Day 2 : Eat only Veg & Salad - no cheese or ham, light mayo/dressing
    Day 3 : Eat only Soup, Fruit & Veg
    Day 4 : Eat only Bananas & Milk
    Day 5 : Eat only Chicken breast, Soup & Tomatoes
    Day 6 : Eat only Soup, Veg & Beef

If you are either allergic, vegetarian, lactosintolarent or dislike any of these foods you can adapt this list to your own personal preference... aslong as it falls in the fruit, veg, soup criteria!

I know alot of people will think this is a bad idea but I have tried nearly every diet ive heard of... Lighterlife, Slimmingworld, Slimfast, Weightwatchers, Atkins, Hopstialdiet, Celebdiet, Liquid-diet... so whats one more diet going to do... il give it a go & if i like the results il let you know :)

So no/minimal protein until the second half (milk), little calcium, but probably enough water/ liquids overall...I'm having a vision that you'll be 10lbs lighter and then binge on day 7 until you have a food hangover.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

=]

Thanks, will add you definatly... its nice to know some people arent so small minded :)

Everyone needs a yes-man.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I'm with you. I love chicken wings. Based on this, to stay under my cal. limit, I'll eat 20 chicken wings a day and drink water.. weight loss, here I come!
  • EmmaCate123
    Options
    Im sorry but i appreciate everyones opinion and i am no way saying any of you are wrong but this is my lifestyle & i dont pass judgement on how you live or eat so being rude & telling me 'what to do' isnt going to change my mind, if anything it makes me want to do this diet more!!

I will let you all know how it goes, like i said your welcome to join me or slate me but at the end of the day, passing judgement on peoples eating habits is not nice.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Day 4 : Eat only Bananas & Milk

Can't stop laughing about Day 4... STILL.