How much have you lost with Zumba?

Options
I started Zumba at my gym last week. The mornings I can attend are 5 days a week. So far im down 2.3lbs in week 1 with an inch off my waist.

How about you???? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba for a month and put off 10 lbs!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    wow congrats!! i do zumba twice a week at my YMCA..with a healthy diet ive lost 22 pounds...
  • KAREN1691
    KAREN1691 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    zumba has totally changed my shape, although i am small anyway it has given my arms and legs much better shape! Addicted to it. Such a fun workout .
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go 5X per week. I try to go 3X per week. Not sure how much weight I've lost, but my body is more toned, I can move in ways I couldn't move before, and my stamina is much better and I don't get out of breath as fast. And I'm gaining more rhythm too!! :laugh:
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    ChristinaMcKeever Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    wow fantastic weight loss i have been doing zumba at home for 3 and a half months and lost 18 pounds i was averaging around 5 pounds a month, i have slowed down on zumba i do it twice a week and then go to the gym and sweat my butt off....

Congrats to you thats a great workout :)
  • Lady__T
    Options
    I do zumba at least 3x per week along with a low cal diet and have lost 10 pounds in a month
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    56 pounds to date....

I love it!!!
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How many calories I burn epends on the style of the class. I started Zumba and MFP about the same time, about 6 months ago, and I've lost 23lb. My favorite Zumba class is nonstop high impact aerobics, very high energy dancing and lots of fun. Some of the other ckasses I've gone to are very low impact, low energy and laid back. I only burn 2/3 the calories in those classes as the fun one (I wear a heart monitor to keep track).
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WOW AWESOME EVERYONE!!! SO GLAD TO HEAR THIS!

My cousin got me hooked on this. She is down 45lbs in 6 months from going 5x a week and is now a certified Zumba instructor!
  • oktg
    oktg Posts: 13
    Options
    if you anyone had to guess, how many calories do you think you burn on average doing zumba? i take it 3x a week w/my school gym for about an hour. i've always wondered....
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    if you anyone had to guess, how many calories do you think you burn on average doing zumba? i take it 3x a week w/my school gym for about an hour. i've always wondered....

I dont know how many calories I burn but this is the only exercise I am exhausted & sweating a lot with. I feel it more in my hibs, tummy & thighs then any other workout.
  • morganhccstudent724
    Options

zumbacalories.com

Without a HRM, there is no sure way to figure out what you are burning every class. When I have students ask me what we burn, I give them that website and let them know I use low. This way to be sure I'm not overestimating calories....

Good Luck!!! Keep shakin it :bigsmile:
  • huntgirlonly
    Options
    wow that is amazing when did you start
  • morganhccstudent724
    Options
    wow that is amazing when did you start

I started Zumba a little less than 3 years ago....I lost all the weight going about 3-4 times a week and eating around 1500 calories a day. It took me about 8 months to drop the 50 pounds. Then I wanted to maintain it for awhile...give my body and mind a break from counting everything I was putting in my mouth....I've lost the other 6 here and there. But I've been maintaining for a little over a year and a half....

I teach a couple times a week which really helps. Especially Zumba toning...that is keeping everything tight :-)
  • bekihughes
    Options
    You can go to zumbacalories.com
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love all the success stories! I've lost about 22 lbs in the past 10 weeks, but have only been going to zumba for about 7. I started out going once a week, but by the 3rd week I was going 4 times a week! I am addicted & I love it. Zumba, along with strength training & a 1200 calorie per day diet are really working for me!