Cold Baked Beans & Soup!!

Options
Pretty much everyone at work think i am strange because I prefer baked beans and soup cold then i do when its hot!!

Is there anyone else out there who does as well or am i alone?! LOL x

Replies

• cleigh86
    Options
    Cold baked beans actually skeeve me out a little lol...BUT my ENTIRE family on my dad's side (around 20 people) prefers them cold. If they make a family dinner, they make a tiny bowl of hot ones for me and my brother and mom, and a huge bowl of cold ones for everyone else! You are not alone :)
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    Options
    my mum used to eat cold baked bean sandwiches when she was pregnant! And I think there is a posh starter that is cold soup so it's not unheard of!

http://www.greatcoldsoups.com/
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Pretty much everyone at work think i am strange because I prefer baked beans and soup cold then i do when its hot!!

Is there anyone else out there who does as well or am i alone?! LOL x

The idea of cold soup and baked beans is a huge turnoff...
  • Maff87
    Options
    I don't think the 'aim' was to turn people on when she eats...
  • Pisc2749
    Pisc2749 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You're not weird! I like cold baked beans too! Not soup though. I prefer leftovers cold, so I don't heat up my lunches at work. But - I leave my yogurt out for a couple of hours to get to warm before I can eat it.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Sort of the depends on the soup; cold soup might have texture issues I wouldn't like. I'm down with cold baked beans though.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options

I know but it would certainly chase me away
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of cold baked beans. Got this from my father & grand father. (Cold baked beans with toast in the morning= yummy!)

As for soup. Unless it is vichyssoise or gaspatcho, I prefer my soup hot!
  • krssy70
    Options

I'm with you PBJ... I like them hot myself!!!! Actually come to think of it, I don't like anything cold....
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not like from-the-fridge cold, but I prefer my beans straight out the can. Literally. I will just open a can up and grab a fork. : )
  • EmmaCate123
    Options

haha man up !
  • EmmaCate123
    Options
    Not like from-the-fridge cold, but I prefer my beans straight out the can. Literally. I will just open a can up and grab a fork. : )

heaven!
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love LOVE beans straight from a can. I always take a cheeky tablespoon when the bf is having them on his dinner
  • Maff87
    Options

Quite sad that something so minor would chase you away