Burning carlories?

Options
How do you know how many calories you burn when you workout when you dont have anything showing you your results like a treadmill or anything?

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I use my bodybugg and/or the fitness pal exercise recommendations.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor. You can pick up a decent one for around $80. At least, that's what I paid for mine a few years ago.
  • azzledazzle
    Options
    heart rate monitors are the best thing to measure, $80 is a little expensive for me, I use a cheaper one, but it depends on what you want to pay.

MFP will always calculate, but its always an estimate based on a certain weight or height so its not too reliable.

at the moment use MFP but always knock some calories off to be sure :D

Definitely invest in some sort of HRM... its worth its weight in gold.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I invested in a Polar HRM. LOVE IT! Best investment so far in the weight loss journey! It gives me my personal burn. I also realized my elliptical was giving me 3X the actual burn!!!!!! Real bummer when i found that out! LOL Other than that, the MFP cals burned are pretty accurate.
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is the best way. It measures your calorie burn based on your weight, age and intensity level. When you see the MFP calories, you have no idea who posted that. They could be twice your age and twice your weight, hence, the calories they burned would be nothing near what you would have burned doing the same exercise. It is a good investment.
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    i had the same question (glad its not just ME) and i found if you go to Exercise/Cardiovascular, and put down "weight trainin" it will ask you the amount of time you worked out and give you an estimated "calorie burned" count.
  • teenyinni
    Options
    I invested in a Polar HRM. LOVE IT! Best investment so far in the weight loss journey! It gives me my personal burn. I also realized my elliptical was giving me 3X the actual burn!!!!!! Real bummer when i found that out! LOL Other than that, the MFP cals burned are pretty accurate.

YES! This The Polar HRM is the best :)