Treadmill Recommendations

Options
Hi all, I'm sure this has been a topic many times, but I'm asking again! My husband and I are in the market to buy a treadmill. I would love any and all recommendations that you have to give. We looked at some last night and have learned that the higher priced models seem to be the best and the lower end ones don't seem like they'd hold up to regular use. We both would be running on them, not walking. So, what do you have and/or recommend? Thanks!

Replies

• cbrister07
    cbrister07 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a Horizon T100. I don't run on it, but I walk just about everyday. It seems to be very sturdy and well made. I paid 399 for it a couple months ago. I have been extremely pleased with it, tho.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We had an Image brand treadmill for 15 years that was amazing. It was used for about 2-3 hours per day.
    You won't regret the extra $$$ if you can afford it.
  • himiller3
    Options
    Sole, Precor, Cybex

I have a Sole and love it. We have Cybex at our local gym. I have run on all three and think they are great.

I have this one:

http://www.soletreadmills.com/Folding-Treadmills/F83-Folding-Treadmill

Needed something somewhat portable... They are 100 dollars cheaper than when I bought mine too :)
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have an ION though can't tell you the model since I'm out of the country. I've had it 5 years and use it most every day but a minimum of 4 times a week. I don't run on it though I do race walk...7.5mph I bought it at Academy. It has weight entry and wired for Polar HRM.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    We have the Smooth Fitness 6.75. It is wonderful! We absolutely love it.

It's really well made, was easy to put together, and has been great for us. Hubby and I both use it for running and HIIT.

Has 3.0 CHP motor, 20x60 belt, 5 year all parts warranty, lifetime warranty on frame and motor, and 2 year in-home warranty included, has a two-speed fan, inclines up to 15 degrees, speed range between 0.5-12 mph. It also folds up nicely for storage.

Here's a link to ours:

http://www.smoothfitness.com/treadmills/smooth-675.htm
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I use a Nordic Track Incline Trainer. I've had it two years - no complaints.
  • lynzirice
    Options
    I have an older True treadmill. It was over $3,000 new, but I found on consignment at a local fitness equipment store for $225. I love it.
  • judithmageras
    Options
    I have a Vision Fitness T9600 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
    Very well made - easy to use - I couldn’t be happier
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm considering the NordicTrack 1750 -it has a built in wireless Polar Heart rate monitor and iFit, which looks entirely too awesome! I've seen it priced at about $1500
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I got a Nordic Track treadmill at Sears. It retailed for $1,400 but I got it for $799 I think. January always has the great sales. For $100 more than the older models on sale, I got the newest model for that year.

I LOVE my treadmill. I think mine was called the T8.0...the 2012 version is 7.0.

Mine has 3.0 hp motor...great if you plan on running
    It's durable, I don't feel like I'm running on plastic
    It has a built in fan which is awesome to have
    You can add the ifit module
    It has one touch speed/incline buttons..makes it easy for changing on the goal
    Ipod aux and speakers
    It comes with a polar HRM...although I wear my own...and it still registers the HR on the screen...very handy!

The only con I have is very slight...while it has an ipod hookup and speakers, they aren't for people who like to rock out lol
    Again...not really a big deal, and my only con.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Don't get anything less than a 3 CHP (not just HP) motor if you plan on running with any kind of incline. Also, make sure you get the best warranty possible. Some of the cheaper ones only give you 1 year.

You'll also want at least 20x60 belt for running and look at the various cushioning features. Cushioning saves knees.

I just ordered a NordicTrack C1250 with iFit Live. Expecting it any day now. I got it on sale for $1300.
    http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_-1_10301_12401_59002_167453
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You'll also want at least 20x60 belt for running and look at the various cushioning features. Cushioning saves knees.

Yes...good point! Mine also has that. Forgot that!