New and have a question

Options
Hi guys! New to the site and trying to get the hang of it. I have a question... I do both weight lifting and cardio, however, when I enter my weight lifting routine...it does not give me any kind of calorie burn count or anything. It only shows me that for my cardio, which then presents inaccurate overall information for the day as far as my caloric intake vs calories burned. Any thoughts???

Amanda

Replies

• cc8088
    cc8088 Posts: 41
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have just gotten used to not entering my weight lifting. I really do it more for toning that calorie burn anyway.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You have to enter your weight trainging under cardio for it to show a calorie burn. Try under circuit training.
  • bootstrap7
    Options
    I noticed that, too. No bueno!! :-( I report my strength-training and then go in and add "calisthenics" to my cardio for however many minutes I was doing the strength-training. It might not be exact, but at least it counts for something. :-/
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always log my strength training under cardio. You can choose activities like calistenics, strength training, or circuit training & it will post calories burned. If you have a heart rate monitor, you can also create your own exercises manually. I hope this helps!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Your best option is to get an HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) it is the best to get what YOU are actually burning. I bought a watch type at Wal Mart for $29.
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Same problem. I don't usually care much since I am tonig up and replacing fat with muscle. I make sure I get cardio in every time I work out though.
    Welcome to MFP and together we can reach our goals!
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You have to enter your weight trainging under cardio for it to show a calorie burn. Try under circuit training.

This^^^ or also "strength training" under the cardio options.... or anything under there that is close to what you actually do (jumping jacks, calisthenics (sp?), aerobics etc)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yes, your best calorie burn would be from an HRM and then inputting the info on yourself..adding the exercise to the memory base
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Use an HRM for sure! Then you know exactly how much your burn for cardio or weights.
  • ajstout652
    ajstout652 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you guys are awesome! LOL! Thank you for so many responses and so quickly! I've wanted one of those HRM's so bad, so I think I might just go pick one up. Thank you!