SNACKERS UNITE!

Options
Well, my name is Tarran and I AM a snacker, I love snacks, I love sweet & I love salty! So I love chips & dip, I love love love ice cream, and I actually do like fruits & vegetables, but right now, they aren't appealing to me at all. I am asking if you could post some great, easy to make, easy to transport, healthy & equally as yummy snacks! Something for those late night cravings maybe? Something for in between meals? Give me whatever you got, because I need it! It doesn't have to be a recipe it could just be an idea, (not baby carrots in a ziploc) but I do LOVE cucumbers peeled & sliced in sugar free raspberry vinaigrette (something I just discovered)! Please share with me & everyone else because if I can get chips & dip out of my life FOREVER I'd instantly be healthier!

Replies

• fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    My latest favorite is a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and a few wheat crackers.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    banana mashed with teaspoon of nutella yummy!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 15 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 73.3 • Fat: 4.4 g • Carb: 3.4 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 5.2 g • Sugar: 0.6 g
    Sodium: 244.7 g

Ingredients:

13.75 oz artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
    10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
    1/4 cup chopped shallots
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup light mayonnaise
    2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
    4 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    olive oil spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°.

In a small food processor, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts with the garlic and shallots.

Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Place in an oven-proof dish and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve right away.

Can be made one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator before baking. Makes about 3 3/4 cups.

Serve with pretzel sticks :]
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes are awesome... or I know it sounds gross, but a banana dipped in a bit of sugar free jello mix... I also found some 14 calorie ice cream bars that aren't too bad. Philly Swirl Sweet Delights.

Can't wait to see what others have to offer
  • ohraspberries13
    Options
    I used to have a chip problem too :( I switched to white popcorn...... but a lot of people think that's too plain.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Jello Sugar Free Pudding! 60 calories....
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried hummus as an alternative to traditional dip? I like to dip fat-free pretzels in it. But, you could do your baby carrots or cucumbers as well.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fat free sour cream mixed with a hidden valley ranch dip mix (my fave is fiesta ranch) and then different veggies for dipping.

Air popped popcorn with kernal's seasonings sour cream and onion sprinkles. They have other flavors too to keep it interesting.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    All of those sound yummy!
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would like to get some new ideas too! I love hummus and pita chips!
  • avavin_ac
    Options
    This is what I switched to as well! I love the chocolate pudding but I eat it to damn fast! LOL
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    bump !!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 15 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 73.3 • Fat: 4.4 g • Carb: 3.4 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 5.2 g • Sugar: 0.6 g
    Sodium: 244.7 g

Ingredients:

13.75 oz artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
    10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
    1/4 cup chopped shallots
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup light mayonnaise
    2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
    4 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    olive oil spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°.

In a small food processor, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts with the garlic and shallots.

Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Place in an oven-proof dish and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve right away.

Can be made one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator before baking. Makes about 3 3/4 cups.

Serve with pretzel sticks :]

Sounds amazing !!
  • JennMStone
    JennMStone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh that sounds good!! Im going to have to go buy some Laughing Cow Cheese!!
  • briehill
    Options
    I found that if you air pop white popcorn and add some seasoning it doesn't equal a lot of calories and you can eat a fair amount of it. (6 cups popped is only 120 calories) I like it with a little parmesan cheese and chili powder but you could do lots of different spices (and if you really want butter get some spray butter that has 0 calories)
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My body looks for taste and texture so I did replacements. Nuts for chips and dips. There are a variety of seasoned nuts to satisfy different moods. I replaced ice cream with yoplait light flavored variety (like Apple turnover) and WW desserts.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have never had hummus, I'm so afraid to try things I have never had before!

Love the idea of the fat free sour cream and ranch mix, that is probably DELICIOUS and easy to take to work and snack on! YUM YUM.

I have tried frozen grapes, maybe the green ones aren't as good?
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    My absolutely favorite are Baked jalapeno poppers!

baked-jalapeno-poppers.jpg

here is the link : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/skinny-baked-jalapeno-poppers.html

Servings: makes 24 • Size: 2 poppers • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 61.6 • Fat: 2.7 g • Protein: 4.2 g • Carb: 5.3 g • Fiber: 0.7 g
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Quaker Crispy Minis - salt and vinegar, salt and lime or sweet chili. Great when you've got that salt craving after a workout.