i finally found something a panera i *don't* like

Options
i love panera! i go once ever three weeks or so. i've tried several things from the menu and i always like them. most times, i'll stick with the tried-and-true you-pick-two greek salad and broccoli cheddar soup. it's my fav combination.

today i was looking for something new and got the you-pick-two mac and cheese and tomato mozzarella panini. i was hoping the panini would be similar to fazoli's four cheese and tomato panini, but less cheesy (four cheeses, mmmmm). NOPE! it was yuck! hard, unripe tomatoes. sun-dried tomatoes in a weird marina sauce. and topped with a black olive tapenade. who thought that would be tasty?

so i have finally found one thing on the menu i would never order again. is there anything you don't like? by the way, the mac and cheese was awesome! (although i forgot to look at the calorie count and probably don't want to know.)

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    today i was looking for something new and got the you-pick-two mac and cheese and tomato mozzarella panini. i was hoping the panini would be similar to fazoli's four cheese and tomato panini, but less cheesy (four cheeses, mmmmm). NOPE! it was yuck! hard, unripe tomatoes. sun-dried tomatoes in a weird marina sauce. and topped with a black olive tapenade. who thought that would be tasty?

I really like this panini.
  • jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    I like that panini too! I guess to each her own!
  • aclark41
    aclark41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i dont know about what i dont like...but they just opened a panera about three blocks from my apt and i've been there three times already. the thai chopped chicken salad is my new obsession...and its only about 400 calories! mmm, i could go for one for dinner
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

I really like this panini.

ugh. i really hated it. :)

love your socks. that is really the only thing i love to knit. (i hate making hats, scarves, tank tops, sweaters and afghans - one of each and never again. but socks i love. and i might try mittens.)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I always got the same thing when I went there: The Mediterrianean Veggie sandwich w/out onions, and black bean soup off the pick two menu. If they didn't have that soup it was whatever was lesser in calories, but always the same sandwich.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of their black bean soup.

Their veggie sandwich is heaven on earth. Panera = my favorite "fast food" restaurant.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The mac and cheese is amazing! My knitting group meets up there and I stopped going because I would always get mac and cheese for lunch. Well, that and it's really too hot to knit in the summer. lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It might be that particular location. The fact that you got unripe tomatoes doesn't sound promising. I've always enjoyed Panera but last time I went to a different location and it was gross.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The mac and cheese is crazy on cals! I worked there for three years (probably one of the many reasons I need to lose so much weight!). They have changed that panini since I left and I agree - it's not as good! I'm a fan of the bacon turkey bravo although its super high on cals :( as well. Haven't found something I don't like yet though! Which stinks because now that I don't have the discount it's expensive!
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    I liked it, and now I want some Panera. Have you ever had Paradise Bakery? It's pretty much the same as Panera, but they are cookie pushers. You get a chocolate chip cookie with every meal. I used to eat there all the time when I was vegan, then years later just by chance I found out that their minestrone and tomato soups were both made with chicken stock. That's a bunch of BS I tell you.
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    I liked it, and now I want some Panera. Have you ever had Paradise Bakery? It's pretty much the same as Panera, but they are cookie pushers. You get a chocolate chip cookie with every meal. I used to eat there all the time when I was vegan, then years later just by chance I found out that their minestrone and tomato soups were both made with chicken stock. That's a bunch of BS I tell you.
    By it I meant the black bean soup-never had the mac and cheese there.
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting in Panera now... :) Just had a half smoked turkey breast on whole grain, chicken noodle soup, and a fruit cup! 280 calories!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love the greek salad from Panera. But I HATE that they are always pushing you to buy the bakery items. "For only 99 cents you can add a pastry to this order!" I don't need that temptation!!! :noway:
  • rbryntes
    Options
    it's really too hot to knit in the summer. lol

No way! It's never too hot to kniot. Summer is perfect for mitts, mittens, gloves, socks, baby clothes, etc.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    No way! It's never too hot to kniot. Summer is perfect for mitts, mittens, gloves, socks, baby clothes, etc.

Or washcloths, I suppose. I'm about to start some Halloween ones from Kris Knits because it's too hot to work on the never-ending-blanket-from-hell. It's crochet. I'm not great at crochet, so I don't mind it in small projects like amigurumi, but trying to crochet a blanket is an exercise in endurance for me. Ugh.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I just ate at Panera today, and had the harvest turkey salad. It was good but I feel like all their salads are kind of the same. Tasted like the orchard chicken apple salad they have too.
  • rbryntes
    Options

Or washcloths, I suppose. I'm about to start some Halloween ones from Kris Knits because it's too hot to work on the never-ending-blanket-from-hell. It's crochet. I'm not great at crochet, so I don't mind it in small projects like amigurumi, but trying to crochet a blanket is an exercise in endurance for me. Ugh.

Oooh! I have the patterns for the Halloween washcloths from Kris Knits! (But I think I'll make another Dalek washcloth.)
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Greek Salad!!! MMMMMMMM

The mac and cheese has WAYYYY too many calories, but I agree- it is awesome :)

I don't like the bacon turkey bravo. The bread is weird and I think the bacon tastes fake or something- I know that's a very unpopular thing to say as a lot of people LOVE that sandwich.

I've always been more of a soup person though! Their new lemon chicken orzo or whatever is amazing! :)