Isagenix

Options
KetoCdn
KetoCdn Posts: 33 Member
i recently purchased the 30 day cleanse from isagenix in hopes that it would help move the stubborn last 5 lbs... i have plateaued for a long while and thought that this might be the added boost i need.

So i am day 4 into it and have already noticed a few things about the plan..
First.. the protein powder doesnt mix well just by shaking so using a blender is neccessary and even the choc isnt that great tasting so i am adding a 1/2 cup of frozen rasp to each shake..
2nd it definitally is a decrease in caloric intake even for someone my size.. if you figure each shake is 230 and you do that twice a day and then you have a regular 400-600 lunch meall.. you are consuming roughly 1100 cals if you dont snack at all
3 yesterday i tried having a morning shake and then having my second shake for lunch so that i could have a mean when i went out for girlfriends bday celebration...i found a 1/4 through my second shake and only adding a small apple btween them i got a migraine.. i dont know if this new program and the headache are linked..

i am a full time student and find that it is possible the plan isnt giving me enough brain food.. i havent done a cleanse day yet and can only imagine what my emotional state will be on that day..

So i am wondering if there is anyone out that that has tried the 30challenge and wished to go into detail about their expriences and if they have any words of wisdom and advice to keep going with it?

i am at the point at day 4 to go down to doing the maintainance plan.. so a shake in the morning and two regular meals and the three days a week build up towards going a cleans day twice a month..

Hope to hear from some of you fellow isagenixers soon.
Cheers Naomi

Replies

• KetoCdn
    Options
    i recently purchased the 30 day cleanse from isagenix in hopes that it would help move the stubborn last 5 lbs... i have plateaued for a long while and thought that this might be the added boost i need.

So i am day 4 into it and have already noticed a few things about the plan..
    First.. the protein powder doesnt mix well just by shaking so using a blender is neccessary and even the choc isnt that great tasting so i am adding a 1/2 cup of frozen rasp to each shake..
    2nd it definitally is a decrease in caloric intake even for someone my size.. if you figure each shake is 230 and you do that twice a day and then you have a regular 400-600 lunch meall.. you are consuming roughly 1100 cals if you dont snack at all
    3 yesterday i tried having a morning shake and then having my second shake for lunch so that i could have a mean when i went out for girlfriends bday celebration...i found a 1/4 through my second shake and only adding a small apple btween them i got a migraine.. i dont know if this new program and the headache are linked..

i am a full time student and find that it is possible the plan isnt giving me enough brain food.. i havent done a cleanse day yet and can only imagine what my emotional state will be on that day..

So i am wondering if there is anyone out that that has tried the 30challenge and wished to go into detail about their expriences and if they have any words of wisdom and advice to keep going with it?

i am at the point at day 4 to go down to doing the maintainance plan.. so a shake in the morning and two regular meals and the three days a week build up towards going a cleans day twice a month..

Hope to hear from some of you fellow isagenixers soon.
    Cheers Naomi
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Isagenix user. There are not alot of us here.... we may be the only 2 :wink:

The beginning is tough... are you doing the nine day cleanse? We started out with that & then went into the 30 day maintenance.

If you are getting headaches, feeling sick, we were told to drink more water and eat something. Our rep recommended green vegetables (celery, salads with lemon, etc.) in those earlier days. Those Isa Snacks help too... I love those Isa Delight chocolates.

As for those two cleanse days... 2nd day is alot easier than the first. I just drank water to the point I was so full I couldn't drink anymore. I do/did eat plain salad greens during my cleanse days.

I am not sure the exact schedule of the 30 day cleanse... It is a tough diet, but well worth it.
  • crunchy
    crunchy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No...not 2.... but 3 of us! My experience has been positive. I started on it Nov. 1st , 2006. My first 3 months I averaged a 10 lb loss per month. After that I maintained. You should be having something around every 1 1/2 hrs. I agree the snacks really help and the almonds don't look like they would make a difference but they do. I look forward to my shakes every day. I put my Ionix supreme in my shake and I also the Isa fruits in it. I always put it in the blender with a litte ice. There will be times when I put a banana or other fruit in it. If I have a big chocolate craving I will do both scoops chocolate. Otherwise I do half and half. The snack suggestions in the program guide are very helpful. I especially like having a baked yam and I will put about 1 tsp of maple syrup on it. YUM!!! I would suggest really trying to get the cleanse days in. That is when you will get the greatest benefit from the program. Initially on my clease days I would get headaches. For me they would normally start at the end of the first day and end between 3 and 4 in the afternoon on the second day. I never got migranes but my headaches were just very annoying. They would leave just as fast as they came and then the day after my cleanse I would feel wonderful. I could see why when I saw what I was eliminating. Please don't be discouraged. Isagenix as well as My Fitness Pal is just a tool for better health.There is a lot more to gain from it. I haven't been sick for 1 1/2 yrs.
    P.S. Exercise is very important. Even just the 20 minutes a day. Thats what I started with.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, at least this one says to eat with it. That takes a load off my mind. Just be aware guys, and I'm not critisizing the program, that the body does it's own cleansing, and is very good at it. Most experts agree that if you eat a healthy diet, including meat, that you have no need to use these products. Will they remove extra toxins in the body? Sure, probably, I really don't know. But what I do know is that we have built in toxin removal systems that (unless damaged), do their job very efficiently. That being said, If it works for you, I have no issue with it.

My question is this: what made you turn to it? I'm not asking out of any alterior motive, I'm genuinely curious. What were the steps that lead you to it? I did some research a few months back and my conclusions lead me to just eating healthier, and pretty much that has worked for me. But I recognize that for some it doesn't always do the trick, so I wanted to know what brought you to it.
  • KetoCdn
    Options
    For me i have tried all sorts of methods.. healthy eating on my own.. highering a trainer who provided meal plans as well.. and from that last experience i find i am one that does well if i have to follow something strictly... So i did some research.. know of someone who is taking it and thought i am game to try anything once.. at at an average of $9 a day plus one meal it really isnt that expensive. Cheers
  • Life_is_Good
    Options
    Crunchy -
    I'm so glad to see I'm not alone!

Banks -
    My husband actually convinced me to try it. Alot of people at his work were using the program & finding success in weight loss & overall health. For me, it was the fact that my husband found something, was excited about it and wanted to lose weight (something I have been pushing for a long time). The cleanse part is just a benefit from the program. I do feel incredible after my cleanse days.

Alot of people think it's about cleaning out your bowels :sick: The idea of Isagenix cleanse days is to flush your system with vitamins using their supplemental drinks & pills. (actually, they recommend using a stool softener, because you actually get constipated on this diet) - sorry to be gross...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I agree with banks. If it is recommended that you use a stool softner it can't be healthy for you. Anyway, I do believe that each person needs to make the choice for their body that they feel is right for them. I always question what are you going to do when you have lost the weight and have to eat?

If you are stuck at a plateau with only 5 lbs to go then crashing (which this "diet" is) isn't going to help you keep the weight off and you will probably find yourself in a cycle of having to do this "diet" on and off forever. An excellent way to actually break through a plateau and keep the weight off is to increase your exercise by 20% or switch up the type and amount of cardio you are doing and after about 10 days you will see the weight start to come off again. It is easy, go from the treadmill to the elliptical or bikes or the evil stairmaster, or if you do 30 minutes of cardio a day you should increase that to 36 mins a day. If you are a distance counter and you are doing say, 4 miles per day you need to do 4.8

The human body is an amazing thing, it adapts very easily to exercise and eating changes. The body will protect itself from harsh conditions (like extreme starvation or cold). As a woman your body is going to get even more protective of the fat so that if you were to get pregnant under extreme conditions you would be able to bring the pregnancy to term etc......

Eventually we all have to learn to eat right and exercise if we want to keep the weight off in a healthy manner and I'm sorry ladies but in my opinion isogenix is just another slimfast or alli pill, it is a temporary bandaid for a much larger wound.
  • crunchy
    crunchy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I was introduced to this product I was contemplating going on a fast which I had done before when I had some troubleing health issues. I did a 10 day fast but did my research before moving forward with it. It took me a couple of months to get up the courage to actually start and it took patience to break it. That event made me feel like I did a 180. I truly feel that God led me to take that step. I know it is not for everyone, but it was for me at that particular time. Anyhow, someone who had actually started the Isagenix progam told me about it and the benefits she was getting from it. I thought that maybe this would be an alternative to fasting. It is all about nutrition and feeding the body because our foods are so processed and stress also factors in. It is just a tool, our God given bodies are the amazing ones. I never push this product. I started it for my health, but if people ask me what I am doing, I will tell them in the best way that I can. This led to a friend of mine, who's weight didn't register on a household scale. She wanted to see if this could work for her. She started May 2007and she has lost at least 114lbs to date. She took it seriously. She says it was the jump start she needed. Since she couldn't do the weight bearing activity, she chose swimming and water aerobics at her local YMCA and loves it! She stopped the Isagenix program months ago I believe and she has been maintaining her healthy habits and that is why she is still loosing but she stops me periodically to thank me for introducing her to it. This all is from my own experience and not hearsay. The thing is, is that we are all trying to get healthy. This happened to be the thing that helped me and now I am on myfitness pal so I am more aware of my habits and can keep myself accountable. The best to everyone!
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Everyone I have EVER talke dto about it LOVES the program, the only downfall is , a lot of people essentially become salespeople for the rpoduct when they buy it because if you join the isagenix team you get the product cheaper, what I am saying is, although I have always heard great things about it, it is hard to tell if people are selling it (unless of course they give their contact info with their review) or if they are giving an honest review.:ohwell:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a left brain, I'm stubborn, and meticulous, and I need fact. I'm a classic virgo (as odd as it sounds for someone so logical to know what his astrology sign traits are :tongue: ). So, and this goes for everything, not just this product. I don't like Anecdotal evidence. I like scientific theory. I like to see the postulation of a well structured, well though out hypothesis based on observational fact, that is supported by numbers, solid science, and lots of clinical testing, especially when it comes to my own body.

Wow, I just did some preliminary research on this, not because I want to try it (I am at my maintenance weight already, and working for my "6-pack" now.) but because I am generally a "father figure" type and like to watch over my peeps. This Isagenix program is a GIANT marketing monster. They have spent some SERIOUS cash on keeping negative press off the top few pages of google.
    I have yet to find a single clinical study on this product. This isn't a knock on whether it works or not, but I find it hard to take a product seriously that has NO empirical evidence or clinical studies to back up it's claim. Testimonials by users and doctors are no substitute for data. I havn't found a shred of it yet. It smacks of "Pyrimid scheme" to me. I'm not trying to offend people who use it, but look at this with a critical eye for a second.
    Where are the studies, where are the clinical trials, where are the control groups using placebo's and comparing results? All I see are testimonials and a very loose description of the products ingredients. The thing that REALLY sets off bells and whistles in my head is the fact that this company (and I'm in the business, I know what it takes to do this) has spent an enormous amount of time and effort to put it's own website at the top of all the search engines. Now to hire someone to get you to the top of google or yahoo is just good business, but this is insane overkill and tells me that this company doesn't want anyone looking up real results from it's product.

Again, this isn't an endictment of the product, just some direct observational facts.
  • Life_is_Good
    Options
    I can see cleanse programs/nutritional supplements, etc are taboo...

But, it has worked for my husband & I... yes we did spend alot of money on the products... yes it is a pyramid sales thing (but so is Pampered Chef, Candlelight, etc - all of which I purchase products from)... no, I am not a sales person for any...

We are not nutritionally depleted... it is working for us... we are very excited about it... we are in a much healthier place than we were a couple months ago... Could we have done it by simply watching what we eat & excercising? yes - if we followed through... but purchasing the program motivated us - we weren't about to let the $$ go to waste.

Will we gain our weight back when we stop using the products? Yes - if we go back to our old eating & vegging on the couch habits.

So there... venting done.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I returned from vacation last August and was totally exhausted, inside and out. I was considering joining some type of program to help me get started on weight loss, although I had no idea what to join. My friend said she was going to a presentation for Isagenix and would I go with her since it was such a long drive there. I did and I purchased the products. I did the maximum of course, 3 9-day cleanses in a row, and then started the 30 day program. In 8 weeks I lost 20 pounds and about 12 inches and felt incredibly energetic and happy. Then Thanksgiving hit and I went off the program for about 6 weeks. I gained 10 of the pounds back, but none of the inches. I tried to get back onto the program but could not get over the taste of things. 3 weeks later I found this site and stopped using the products altogether. The things I really could not adjust to were the fasting every week, the bad tastes, and the constipation (even though I was consuming tons of water). I will say this though, I felt better overall, more energetic and happy, like I said, and I think it might be from the massive amounts of B complex that are in the products. Headaches are a reaction to the plan, eat the snacks or the almonds to get past the hunger cravings. OH, my friend is the "I want to take off this last five pounds" person and on the days she uses it, it works, on the days she doesn't, she gains the 5 back.
  • hunter88
    hunter88 Posts: 10
    Options
    :smile: Hi I am on the Isagenix Program and just love it!!! I have been on the program for 22 days and I have lost 13 pounds and 20.5 inches! I feel so much better and feel that I am not craving the bad foods. The shakes are really good when you add alittle fruit (Strawberries)! Was just wondering is anyone else is getting the results that I am getting. I am walking everyday and doing floor exercises everyday. :flowerforyou: :love: :drinker:
  • ritagonz
    ritagonz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All these posts are 2008. Want to know how it went? I have several girlfriends that went on in and lost 20-30 lbs, but they have to live by it. The system made me ill, very ill. And in order to get a refund, I had to tweet the daylights out of the company because they are good taking the money and not giving it back. The sales reps are nice people but the majority are regular people that regurgitate all this "data" about how bad our food is, and how the system cleanses you with "good stuff" for your body. Please spell BIOENGINEERED good stuff that is formulated to make you dependent on it. I was warned by physician to stay clear of high dosages of antioxidants and "nutrients" that stress the kidneys. It didnt work for me, but it has worked for my friends. But buyer beware- it is pricy and many WILL get sick - migraines, nausea, vomiting, hives, shakes, lethargy. Those were my symptoms and not only after cleanse days. Hope you all had great results!
  • paulalmamani
    Options
    I have used Isagenix, strictly following the directions for 9 and 30 day cleanses given by them, in two "stints" during the last 8 months. This included daily exercise of 3 miles on the elliptical trainer (some daily exercise is part of Isagenix' directions). From Jan, 2014 until May, 2014, I lost 25 lbs.

Then, I was eating the "Brewer Diet" because I thought I was pregnant, for a month. This Brewer Diet involved eating a lot (!!) of food, including 2 eggs, 100 total grams of protein, 4 cups of milk, a potato(!), a citrus fruit and two other servings of fruit, 2 green salads plus 2 servings of other vegetables, 3 servings of butter, and 5 servings of grain-- EVERY DAY. I weighed 120 lbs at the beginning of the Brewer Diet, right after coming down in weight, with the help of Isagenix' system, from 145 lbs. I thought I would quickly gain all of the weight I'd lost by eating all of this food (daily eggs, meat, potato etc. - no Isagenix products), but ate it all anyway for the good of the baby. In one month, I gained only one pound! I didn't gain the weight I lost while on a Isagenix back at all, even on a diet meant to nourish a pregnant woman and her baby.

Then, I found out I wasn't pregnant. :(. When I was sure I wasn't having a baby, I used Isagenix again and have lost another 12 lbs.

I think what makes Isagenix so great is that it's a way to reduce your calorie intake while ensuring that you actually are still taking in vital nutrients, so you don't damage your body, or get hungrier because you're missing nutrients. It's hard to get all of the nutrients you really need and eat 1,000 to 1,200 calories. You have to be a nutritional expert. Isagenix is safe and "do-able" for a person like me.

Isagenix has helped me to lose 40 lbs, go from a size 10 to a size 2, reduce my BMI from 25.2 to 18.9, and reduce my body fat percentage from 30% to 20%! I ate a ton of (healthy for a pregnant woman) food for a month and did not gain the weight back.

So, I'd like to add my experience in defense of Isagenix. It has helped me lose weight, apparently in body fat, which I did not gain back, even when eating the Brewer Diet for a month. I feel fantastic! I haven't worn size 2 clothing since I was a young teenager. My resting heart rate at a recent doctor's appointment was only 62 beats per minute. Usually it's in the 80's.

I have never sold Isagenix, and I never will. I have a career that I'm passionate about and 4 beautiful children. But, I have been helped to be much healthier by Isagenix' products and system!! I followed their guidelines and lost weight safely!