Lets see some Positivity, not Negativity!

Options
Okay, I happen to really enjoy this site! It has really helped me to shed off some pounds, it helps me to track my food, and the best part is that I have the support of individuals who are dealing with the same thing! However, the last couple of days as I have been reading through some of the messages on the message board, I have seen some (not all) negative responses being shared back and forth. I think sometimes we need to step back and think about what we say before we say it, especially online. Even though it may not seem like a negative comment, it's easy to be misinterpreted online. This is a supportive website, and I just don't think some things need to be said. So, on that note, I think we should all try to find a little bit of positivity in a sometimes very negative world! My positive thing for the day is slightly silly, but something I thought was just great! I was wearing a pair of dress capris to work (I am a teacher), and in my 4 minute rush in between class I needed to use the little lady's room! I realized that I didn't even need to unbutton my britches, they just kind of slid off! Now I apologize if that's just a little bit too much information, but I am simply too excited to care! :)

What's your positive story?

Replies

• SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Having a rough day at work but I'll share a positive about someone else! My smaller twin has decided she is going to be the advanced one and all in this week she has: learned to sit up on her own, gotten on her hands and knees rocking, gotten her first tooth AND almost rolled from her back to her belly! Yay Hope! :)

PS - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site and everyone's support!
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love my group of friends on here, theres always someone saying something positive :)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    this topic is stupid.

just kidding! :bigsmile:

My positive story for today: I had a big presentation to do at school, which always makes me anxious to no end, and this time it wasn't different. However, I got through it just fine. People loved it and I'm just glad it's over with!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Positive support vibes sent out............................
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, I've been sucked in when people have been less than civil and retaliated which is so silly! I am definately better than that and my postive self is back here on this wonderful site and won't get sucked in again promise!!!! :D
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hmm let's see...Oh! So a few months ago when I flexed my biceps, I could only feel the top muscle and the bottom was all jiggly fat. But a couple days ago, I flexed and I could totally feel the bottom muscle. Still fat there, but much less than before! Go me! LOL
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Sending positiveness your way.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yes thank you for this! I don't understand the need for negative comments.. Drama! :grumble:

This site is called my fitness pal, not i'm on here to one up everyone and make everyone feel like **** because you're not as far along as i am! Yeesh!

Positive story for me,

I've made great friends with some of my fitness pals, to the point where we will text and talk almost every other day. They're my rocks and I don't know if i'd still be on here without them!
    :heart: you Mandeiko and MissyFit08! :)
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Here is my positive note for today:
    After I started my workout and nutrition program I inspired about 4-5 people in my department to start doing the same thing as I am. We are all losing weight collectively.
    Talk about inspiration!

Keep it up everyone.
  • timshel
    Options
    Cations! They're positive!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Sadly, the internet lets everyone hide behind a keyboard and monitor. They would, most likely, not make a lot of the comments they make if they were face to face. Having said that you would not `meet` a lot of the people that you `meet` were it not for the internet...so you have to take the good with the bad and discount the comments that you don`t approve of...let the mods deal with things that are unsavoury or downright rude.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and most of the time those opinions will offend just because they are not necessarily on the same track with our own opinions. I love my husband to bits but sometimes his opinions on subjects really annoy me and we get into a heated debate lol!

But on a positive note he has just bought me a car that I have been wishing for! For Christmas/10th wedding anniversary and I cannot wait to go pick it up next week whoo hoo
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options

HA!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options

LOL!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I agree. I for one am sick of all the humor and sarcasm especially!

Come on get a life people! Can't we just have some good old fashioned seriousness on here?

Does everything have to be turned into a joke?

Joking is negative!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Well, my life has been very, very negative recently, but is now looking positive.

On friday night my mother was rushed to hospital, and put into intensive care due to lack of oxygen. My dad phoned to warn me she might not even last the night. He stressed she said for me NOT to come in as she didnt want me to see her like that.

So, obviously that night i didnt sleep a wink, all these thoughts going round in my head.

4-5 days on...and she could be going home tomorrow! She responded excellently to the treatments, and i dont know the full details yet, but the fact that my dad is almost on cloud 9 about it tells me things are looking up! :D:D

For me, it doesn't get better than that! :D
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Well, my life has been very, very negative recently, but is now looking positive.

On friday night my mother was rushed to hospital, and put into intensive care due to lack of oxygen. My dad phoned to warn me she might not even last the night. He stressed she said for me NOT to come in as she didnt want me to see her like that.

So, obviously that night i didnt sleep a wink, all these thoughts going round in my head.

4-5 days on...and she could be going home tomorrow! She responded excellently to the treatments, and i dont know the full details yet, but the fact that my dad is almost on cloud 9 about it tells me things are looking up! :D:D

For me, it doesn't get better than that! :D
    So awesome!

My positivity is two fold today. I had a bad week last week, partly planned. I gained three pounds so was in a bit of a funk yesterday. The fact that I had an exam in my Econ class for which I was feeling unprepared didn't help. I was SO good yesterday with my eating, although a smidgen under 1200.

Results? My test was easy! I was done and double-checked all 30 answers in 30 minutes. AND I lost 2 of those 3 pounds overnight. :happy:
  • kheavin0928
    kheavin0928 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You all are rock stars!! Thanks for the positive vibes!! :)