Any girls 19-25 Struggling with those last few pounds?

Options
I have been a member of this site for a while now. At first things went amazingly well. I dropped a lot of weight easily and quickly. There were struggles of course but it was doable. However now that I am down to those last few pounds I am really struggling. Don't get me wrong I looove all of my MFP friends but I would love to add some more who are either around my age or also having trouble with that last little bit of weight.

But as always if you don't meet this criteria but just simply want someone to motivate you and help with the journey, feel free to add! :)

Replies

• nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 and have 10lbs left to lose, haven't lost anything for over a month now, it's so frustrating! I will add you as a friend now =)
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I'm under 15 lbs. away from my initial goal (on good days, LOL) and I have been having an incredibly hard time losing weight. Last year things were good, this year, things have continued to slow to the point at which I'm quite frustrated. I feel your pain. :grumble:
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    we have the same weight goal~ and we are the same height. I have been gaining and losing these SAME last 5 lbs the past 3 months. I am literally ready to give up!!
  • CoachNYLA
    CoachNYLA Posts: 129
    Options
    if you make your journal available, I can help.
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am way older then you but I am trying really hard to lose the last 10 lbs, so if you want to add a 47 year old, feel free
  • twilightgalaxy4
    Options
    I just turned 28.. in the last 1.5 years I've lost 35 lbs, but I've hit 2 plateaus. My first chunk of pounds were lost with WW online, and I was doing pretty well with sticking to my points and doing an hour of cardio 5x per week.. but I just plateaued. The only way I got past is was by cutting out heavy carb foods. I would eat small portions of pizza or burritos, I completely cut those out which led to weight loss again :) I also stopped eating meat and drinking cows milk. I eat cheese maybe once a week. I guess you have to cut out 'heavy' foods. Good luck!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 20 with similar starting and goal weight as you :)
    I lost all the weight I wanted to by April this year though, but it took so long for me to lose those last few pounds!! I only had 20 to lose in total but the first 10lbs went within around a month. The last 10 took around 7-8 extra months! I remember around new year I was 134 and didn't get to 130 until mid april :(

What I found helped was after a while of a 500 cal deficit I got a bit impatient and fed up with the less food (I love food!) so I switched my goal to 1/2lb a week loss (250 cal deficit) and it became easier after that. This was around Feb/March time I think. Don't ask me how it happened as I have no clue but I suppose sometimes your body just needs more to function well, especially when you haven't got much to lose. I've heard a few similar stories from others too about eating more to lose weight.
  • melmarie4
    Options
    I'm 24 and i have 22 pounds left to lose. I started less than a month ago so i've been losing ok but i know once i get closer to the end the last few pounds will be frustrating then i'll really need motivation. good luck! don't give up!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    hi,

i think i'm too old!!! wow.....thats never happened to me before!! anyway i'm 26 from the UK, have lost 21lbs (my ticker isnt right) and have 10lbs left to lose. I've just bought a wedding dress that is too small for me.

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!!! and i'm on a renewed plan, more motivation and feeling positive. I have got to do it!!! so feel free to add me and we can power on through together! xx
  • skullcrushergurl
    Options
    I'm 20 and having weight losing 10 pounds! ugh!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    hey, im 22 and have just around 5 more pounds to lose to hit my weight goal...the numbers seemed to have stopped, so im mainly working on toning now more than anything.

friend request sent :-)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    What is your percent bodyfat ladies?! You might be having a hard time because your bodyfat might be getting where it's going to be difficult to lose more.
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My body fat percentage is 24%, although I'm not sure what that means...
  • smashingroses
    Options
    I thnk the difficulty of those last few pounds is simply cause we're women. Our bodies want to hold on to it, I think, because we're natural child bearers and it wants to keep that weight for a future pregnancy. It's just what I think, but I think it seems reasonably given how much our bodies can change just from 18 to 25.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    My body fat percentage is 24%, although I'm not sure what that means...

At 134lbs x .24 = 32lbs of bodyfat. Obviously you need some. As a reference: (A most GENERAL one to boot)
    Dr. C. Everett Koop's site, ShapeUp.com, breaks down healthy body fat ranges by both gender and age. Men under 39 years of age should have 8-19% body fat, and women under 39 years of age should have 21-32%. Older men may range from 11% to 24%, and older women may range from 23% to 35%.

So you are already at a decent range. But let's push it and lose that extra 10lbs. You'd be running at around 16%? That's pretty low for a woman. If I'm not mistaken, that's elite athlete status for a female.
  • razorspells
    Options
    Hi, if you already reached your plateau, try some variations to your exercise and alter your calories a little bit to trick the body and eventually it will kick in :smile: Hope this helps.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I am 28. . . almost 29 sadly. . . but I still feel young, does that count?! :p I have about 20lbs left to lose, but more importantly, I want my body fat % to go down, meaning I am working more towards toning than anything else!! I am always looking for encouraging friends, so feel free to add me!
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hey i am 28 going on 29 but ive added you anyway, this is round 3 for me with this site and i am extremely motivated, i have been the same, id drop a lot then put on a little and i have never made it all the way down to my goal weight, and this time around i am doing it noo matter what:)
    i have also been adding some new friends to help motivate me, the more the better i think:)

for those of you that have plateaued maybe you need a shake up with your fitness routine, our muscles have memories so if your doing the same thing over and over again you will get the same results, in the plateau case you will continue to plateau, maybe add a weight class, bootcamp, swimming or even yoga in to keep your body guessing:)

good luck all of you on your journey:)

3926322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options
    2 more lbs to go....

and it's NOT easy!

5'3''
    GW 112
  • kiwicakes
    kiwicakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    oh me too! last few lbs are so hard, I have been stuck at the same weight for the past months, would love to be your friend!