Fleece NSV

Options
For Christmas last year I was given a light blue fleece sweatshirt. I tried it on, and it was very tight around the shoulders and chest, and could barely be pulled down over my ample gut. I returned the gift to the giver (my mother) and apologized and said that it didn't fit right.

While sorting through some boxes this week, Mom found the shirt (she never returned it) and asked if i wanted to try it on again. I took it home and looked at it, taunting me from the back of the loveseat where I had tossed it. As I was talking with a very special friend on the phone, she encouraged me to go ahead and give it a try, right then and there.

Plucking up my courage, I grabbed the shirt and pulled it over my head. It slid easily down my shoulders and chest, and I pulled it with confidence over my midsection. Not only did it fit...it was loose. I mean...baggy loose! Holy crap on a cracker! COOL!

I wore that shirt with pride all day yesterday! <Happy Dance!!> :glasses:

Replies

• 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Happy dance indeed. What a great feeling!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Woohooo!!! Sooo nice! Congrats! Love the bagginess of it all...clothes can't lie to us!:wink:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!! you're doing great! =D
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    How awesome...I bet that felt amazing! Congrats on your hard work paying off, and for showing that shirt who is boss :drinker:
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.• Happy Happy Happy •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Now, we must see photographic evidence of this shirt and it's well-fitting-ness....... Congrats for having the courage to try it on and let your good job shine!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Awesome....waiting for that same feeling with an old pair of jeans!!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I'm waiting for a certain goal before I post any before/after shots, but this was definitely a milestone. :)
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    I love that NSV Tim..wtg! Keep working hard and you're going to enjoy many of those
    I wish you the best of luck in reaching even more milestones on your journey!
  • beautifulnovember
    Options
    Woohoo! Love this story! :)
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the best feeling, Tim? you are doing fabulous!!
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    That's awesome! Always a good feeling :)
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i remember when that happened to me...many moons ago...when i lost a good amount of weight & saw my mechanic & his eyes just about popped outta his head & he said YOU look fantastic! what an ego boost.

Enjoy the fruits of your labors
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!