What's going wrong!!!

Options
am feeling so low - 3rd week and weight has stayed the same - no idea what's going on..... arrghhhhhh did 2 aerobathon's over the weekend each lasting 3 hrs each and 2 hrs of Zumba yesterday and 1 hr of aerobics today - any ideas ???? COS i sure as hell haven't - am eating around 800 - 1000 cals a day

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Well that could be the problem. You're eating too little. You need at least 1200. Eat more.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Your body's going into starvation because your not eating enough calories!!!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Eat More, do Resistance Training, not just cardio.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    1. You are not eating enough
    2. If you have just started this large amount of exercising, it is common for your body to bloat and hold water for up to a couple of weeks while your body adjusts
    3. You are not eating enough
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode....storing the fat because you are not feeding it enough!! Eat at least 1200 calories, and after a good workout you can eat a bit more!!
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    yep! what they said.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    yeah youre definitely working out too much and eating way to little...both together is a bad combination. since youre working out so much your body needs fuel. you're not giving it enough fuel so it's hanging on to every calorie so it can store it for fuel. if you're going to keep working out like that you need to eat way way way more.
  • michele_lynn
    michele_lynn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your not feeling your body enough. 800-1000 calories is too low if your also getting all that exercise you listed. I'm only 5' so I know from experience the want to stay way under on calories, but your body is trying to prepare for the extra expenditure by holding onto every last calorie you ingest.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I would increase your calories, especially if your body is saying "I'm hungry" - also how is your water? sodium? ...

Maybe add strength training in there to spice things up, when you do the same thing day after day after day your body gets used to it.
  • CoachNYLA
    CoachNYLA Posts: 129
    Options
    undereating sounds like the issue. your body will hold onto the fat and not budge because it thinks it's starving.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    ditto...ditto.....go by the plan....starvation diets are worthless
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I need to also take the advice of all the posters above me. I avoid fat grams like they are poison I need to be more balanced I think.
  • dshaf4
    dshaf4 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well like the others have said your not eating enough. I just went through the same thing and was going crazy, so frustrated. My sister talked to a friend of hers who is in excellent shape and she works with a dietition.She said that of course the more you exercise the more you need to eat. I know its hard to think to loose the weight you have to eat less because that is what everyone has always told us. If you dont want to eat more then you need to do less exercise. When you exercise the body of course burns calories and if you dont fuel the body enough it will shut down on you and stop burning the calories and hold on to all it has, that is why you dont loose. I started to do just a little less exercise and was trying to net at least 1350 calories a day. With this I have lost almost 4 pounds in one week. I was stuck for 3 weeks and now Im back on track. I hope that this helps and you can see results soon. good luck.
  • Helen12Trees
    Options
    Thanks for your advice and judging by what everyone else is saying is that I need to eat more which is really hard to get your head around especially when you are trying to loose weight... i try to exercise 5 days out of 7 but am going to ease up a bit for a week or so and see if the results change - :smile: