Eating Late

Options
We normaly don't have dinner until 8 pm or after, since that's when my husband gets home from work and I insist everyone sit down together. Is eating this late sabotaging my efforts? I'm not going over my calorie intake, and usually stay up until 1 am and am losing about a pound a week, but am in awe of those losing more per week.

On the plus side, my weight stayed the same for the last week, despite going out of town to a family event. It was a weekend of all you can eat, crab one night, pizza for lunch and buffet for dinner. Then I topped it off with a really good double cheeseburger and fries!!! I made all the decisions on what I ate consciously, so no excuse there. But it's really good to know that I can relax a little and it won't throw me so far off track that I become discouraged.

Replies

• snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We normaly don't have dinner until 8 pm or after, since that's when my husband gets home from work and I insist everyone sit down together. Is eating this late sabotaging my efforts? I'm not going over my calorie intake, and usually stay up until 1 am and am losing about a pound a week, but am in awe of those losing more per week.

On the plus side, my weight stayed the same for the last week, despite going out of town to a family event. It was a weekend of all you can eat, crab one night, pizza for lunch and buffet for dinner. Then I topped it off with a really good double cheeseburger and fries!!! I made all the decisions on what I ate consciously, so no excuse there. But it's really good to know that I can relax a little and it won't throw me so far off track that I become discouraged.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    No worries eat as late as you want, try not eating a couple hours before bed only because it can disturb your sleep lying down for the night with a full belly....that being said I eat my dinner at 7:30 am right after work and I'm sleeping by 8:00am ..it comes down to calories in and calories out for weight loss. I eat day and night........
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    The later you eat can help curb those cravings for desserts

If eating late made you fat the would feed all the starving people in Africa late at night.

That was the one liner a Doctor told me once
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    If eating late made you fat the would feed all the starving people in Africa late at night.

HA! So true!
    Doesn't matter when you get your cals as long as you're not going over........