Exercise weekly

Options
i was just wondering if it is better to gym everyday or to have 1 or two days off /week. some have said 1 on 1 off.. what do you think?

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 times a week and have 1 rest day. I need it even if I don't want it. My body needs a break.
  • Chrisuujonesb
    Options
    When doing any form of cardio exercise they say best to have rest days inbetween exercise days to allow the muscles to recuperate
  • R1NRAN
    R1NRAN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanx.. I sometimes feel unsettled if i havent been. feels like ive forgotten something
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on intensity/length of workout - I tend to spend 2 hours at a time on workouts so if I try to do 3 days in a row it's a waste of a workout (no strength/energy on day 3). However, where people are only spending 45-60 minutes they can probaly easily workout 5-6 days straight.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    However, where people are only spending 45-60 minutes they can probaly easily workout 5-6 days straight.

disagree. you can do a super intense workout in as little as 20-30 minutes (see suggestions in my blog below). if you're doing that type of workout, you need time to let your body recover. I usually work out 5x a week....and no more than 3 days in a row. I do not do HIIT or resistance training on consecutive days.