Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
is your handwriting neat or messy?

Replies

• amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    You can read the first letter.. the rest is squiggly!
  • Neat, I was told I need a font named after me.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Depends on if I care if anyone can read it. Most of the time, my signature is just a scribble. My hand has gotten as lazy as the rest of me over the years.
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    MESSY, Dr. Style!! :smokin:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Usually it's just the first letters of my first and last name that is legible...the rest....sort of like a Richter scale read out.
  • charlieprince
    Options
    isn't there an analysis of one's signature and such? :) i read bout it somewhere cuz my signature is ugly as hell, i'm curious what an analyst would say cuz it's uggggly
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I was asked at the bank the other day, "Does this seriously say your name?" :embarassed:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You'd need an Egyptologist to decipher mine.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I'm a Notary and mine is a mess.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Mine looks like a chicken has stepped in a bottle of ink and walked across the page.

I was signing the slip after using my credit card once and the person in the store stood looking at the signature for about 5 minutes and said "well there is no fear of anyone ever forging that signature"
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    My signature is very legible. Handwriting has suffered from all that note taking back in college, so if its a short note-I'm good, long note, not so good.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the blurry cell phone pic. No scanner here.

Y0Vss.jpg
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My maiden name was a rather simple name and that signature was always legible. My married name as a Z in it and I get rather happy when writting that z and it makes for a rather sloppy signature.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My signature is neat. I don't know how people can write their names to be unlegible. I always wonder if they have to practice to write like that.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    My writing is legible..just. It's why i learnt to type. Can type far, far faster and more accurately than writing!

And McKay...is that 2 hairy balls in your handwritten sig?!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You can read my Julie quite well but the rest is slop. I always got in trouble in school for the way I made my Js though.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Should of been a doctor, it's so bad.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My maiden last name was (is) soo long, 11 letters, too long to write so I just scribbled it, with my married last name its nice and neat, its way shorter.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    My writing is legible..just. It's why i learnt to type. Can type far, far faster and more accurately than writing!

And McKay...is that 2 hairy balls in your handwritten sig?!

Jealous?

:laugh:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    My signature is neat. I don't know how people can write their names to be unlegible. I always wonder if they have to practice to write like that.

Signatures and Handwriting are two different things.

I absolutely practiced my signature to make it look awesome, and it's sloppy with just enough legible letters to correspond to my name. My handwriting is pretty neat, but still has character. It has a tall x height and short ascenders and descenders, generally. Sometimes when I have to write small, it's the opposite and has a short x height and long ascenders and descenders. They're both pretty regular and geometric.