50+ My first day of C25K program

Options
After reading about this program on this site I have decided to give it a go..... I am not really looking to make a group here (I don't have the energy to monitor it constantly).... but if anyone is in similar circumstances to me and you want to keep in touch and help motivate then feel free to add me as a friend.

I am a 51 mother of 2 boys (18 & 20), 83.5kg (185lb) and really want to get fit and fit in to all the clothes I have in my wardrobe which I've never worn.

I have just done day 1.... and I did it.... it wasn't easy.... but it wasn't so bad that I won't step up for day 2 either. The phone app is great.... I had my own running music and then a chime alert and a voice to tell me to start running or to start walking..... so I didn't have to keep looking at my watch or looking for a spot in the distance to run to.

I haven't run for years really.... haven't been fit for years..... had several phases of going to the gym, walking, yoga, etc.... but never seem to stick with anything for long...... hopefully this time it will be different.... but I have said that before numerous times so we'll see.
:happy:

Replies

• slrosenbaum
    slrosenbaum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have done C25K in the past, and let me tell you, it works! You will be running a 5K before you know it! I used it to train for one a few years ago and I was happily surprised at how well it prepared me! Good luck!! You're gonna do great! And, I know week 5 is scary - that's the first 20 minute run, but I know from experience, that the 4 weeks before will prepare you for it even if you don't think so. And when you finish that 20min run, you're gonna feel awesome! Just keep going! You can do it!!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    we started a group if you want to be a part of it!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/364071-c25k-10-10-11-12-11-11

we just started this week!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    I have done C25K in the past, and let me tell you, it works! You will be running a 5K before you know it! I used it to train for one a few years ago and I was happily surprised at how well it prepared me! Good luck!! You're gonna do great! And, I know week 5 is scary - that's the first 20 minute run, but I know from experience, that the 4 weeks before will prepare you for it even if you don't think so. And when you finish that 20min run, you're gonna feel awesome! Just keep going! You can do it!!

I can't imagine I will be ever able to run 5k really.....
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    we started a group if you want to be a part of it!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/364071-c25k-10-10-11-12-11-11

we just started this week!

Thanks.... I didn't look very well did I.... I will post on your thread now and join in.

Lisa