Journal - Digital or Paper?

Options
If you Journal (not food) which form do you prefer, digital or paper?

If digital, what program do you recommend?

Thanks,
Mary

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Years ago I did paper... there was no MFP at that time. I am totally loving this site... so much easier
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Food is here, only because I don't have a good food journal anymore.
    For journaling (is that a word?) about life, pen & paper all the way. I love to write. Write & shred. I destroy all evidence! lol
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A year or two ago I purchased Weight by Date software and I love it! It is similar to this site's, but I find MFP to be inaccurate a lot of the times. I have decided not to use the MFP food journal and just continue with Weight by Date. Of course, you can pay for the software or use this free one. Either way, I think as long as you are compliant with logging your food intake you will be successful. I do well ONLY when I am compliant.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I was using my blog to journal... until I realized that I might be sharing too much... so then I just decided an electronic "daily journal" would work just fine.

I hardly use it anymore though.
  • mushalek
    Options
    i do both i love MFP to keep me on track , but then i like writing down throughout the day what im eating and what times with notes comparing how i feel that day ( like days i workout super hard vs. relaxed days) i feel like both are good and accurate to use!
  • Jesamess
    Options
    my opinion: - if you are referring to a journal (emotional, etc.) I prefer either writing on paper or sometimes just opening a word document and typing your thoughts out. If you want it to be a bit more public, then maybe consider blogging. However.....I've tried with a food journal doing paper and I fail....miserably! Anytime I leave the house my journaling goes by the wayside. I LOVE electronic journaling for a food journal which is why this is so neat. I've done weight watchers and the downside is that you have to pay, and the app continually messed up on my phone. This app is VERY similar but works on my phone which is invaluable to me. When I'm on the go, which is often, I can still keep track of where I am so that I can make better decisions. This helps me to avoid the "oops" moment. That's when I've been gone all day and guestimating the whole time thinking I did good only to find out that, once I record it all that evening, instead of taking in 1200 cals, I've actually had more like 2,000 without realizing it. So that's what I think! :)