What is that sound??

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Why, it's THUNDER!!!
We have been in such a drought that I almost forgot what that sounds like! Bring it on!!!!!!

I feel for all the people up north dealing with the flooding but man am I happy to see the rain. I just wish I was under the covers to enjoy it, not sitting at work!!!!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    Why, it's THUNDER!!!
    We have been in such a drought that I almost forgot what that sounds like! Bring it on!!!!!!

I feel for all the people up north dealing with the flooding but man am I happy to see the rain. I just wish I was under the covers to enjoy it, not sitting at work!!!!

Memaw
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yeah - It'd be nice if we could spread some of this moisture around to those who actually need it!! Hope you get your rain and not just a lot of noise :heart:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Yeah - It'd be nice if we could spread some of this moisture around to those who actually need it!! Hope you get your rain and not just a lot of noise :heart:

That's what I thought last week...now we're in a blizzard today in Denver :bigsmile:
  • memaw66
    Options
    It's actually raining too.
    They are calling for severe storms and tornadoe watches. We could do w/out the tornadoes but let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!!!!

(maybe the boss will send us home early due to the tornado watch. He's been known to do that before)
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Why, it's THUNDER!!!

you actually think its thunder but in all actuallity its me playing golf... I have to play during thunderstorms so that you humans dont think something is blowing up...

Sorry I will keep it down as much as I can...:happy:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    What is up with the weather? Seriously.

It has been in the 70's for days...and they are calling for snow tomorrow. :explode: WTH is that about?? :grumble:

Anyhow, enjoy the Thunderstorm!!

I love love love thunderstorms! :love:
  • memaw66
    Options
    I love thunderstorms too, ..................when I'm at home under the covers!
    I know my oldest dog, Chelsea, is having a fit right now. She freaks out during storms. I think it's because when she was a puppy we were flood victims. I'll bet she is trying to tear down the laundry room door right now!!!! (I put her and Chloe in the laundry room when I'm gone). Poor baby!
  • memaw66
    Options

It has been in the 70's for days...and they are calling for snow tomorrow. :explode: WTH is that about?? :grumble:

What part of Texas are you in?
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Be safe memaw!
  • memaw66
    Options
    Be safe memaw!
    Will do!! Thanks Clover
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Bring on the rain! Our lakes need to be full for summer.
  • memaw66
    Options
    Bring on the rain! Our lakes need to be full for summer.
    You got that right!!!! I live at the lake/river and they are sooooooooooooooooo low!
    The outfitters are really worried about thier businesses this year.
    OOOOOHHHHHH I just saw lightening!!!! Whoo hooo!!!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

What part of Texas are you in?

Wichita Falls. :grumble:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    We had some really bad thunderstorms last nite, some places reported 65mph windgusts. An apt complex lost its roof, trees were down, it was like living through another hurricane! And they call for more to come through! I don't mind rain, but when it gets so bad trees come down, and power goes out, I hate that!
  • memaw66
    Options
    We had some really bad thunderstorms last nite, some places reported 65mph windgusts. An apt complex lost its roof, trees were down, it was like living through another hurricane! And they call for more to come through! I don't mind rain, but when it gets so bad trees come down, and power goes out, I hate that!
    Yeah that can be scary! I don't want it to get that bad but I do love the sound and smell of the rain and the thunder/lightening. I'm not too fond of the wind either.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Yeah that can be scary! I don't want it to get that bad but I do love the sound and smell of the rain and the thunder/lightening. I'm not too fond of the wind either.

The storms had some tornados rolling through parts of Ms. too.
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We had some bad weather and tons of rain last night. We have been a little low on our rainfall so far this year (southeast Texas), but we had a tornado go through part of our town as well. I think we're supposed to be getting severe weather again tomorrow night too. I just hope it won't rain this weekend. Having a party for my husband's birthday, and the State Fair is in town too.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Why, it's THUNDER!!!

you actually think its thunder but in all actuallity its me playing golf... I have to play during thunderstorms so that you humans dont think something is blowing up...

are you a vampire? :love:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Why, it's THUNDER!!!

uhhhh..... wha..... ummm no... I am just... uhhhh... NO WORRIES!!! I am a vegetarian Vampire :wink: :drinker:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Why, it's THUNDER!!!

uhhhh..... wha..... ummm no... I am just... uhhhh... NO WORRIES!!! I am a vegetarian Vampire :wink: :drinker:

in the twilight series, the vamps play baseball during thunderstorms because they are so strong. they are veggie vamps too! :tongue: