What should I eat before working out?

Options
I get up around 7 am and take my thyroid meds, can.t eat for one hour after taking them. Then I go to gym at 8:30 for Zumba or aerobics. I also do weight training 2 to 3 days a week in the morning ( after work out). I can not eat calcium for 4 hours after my meds... I don't know what I should be eating for my muscles. I do very intense workouts, I am inexperienced, and would love any advice. Thanks!

Replies

• nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    What about protein? I don't usually eat anything before morning workouts, but after, I like to eat/ drink something with protein.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have been having Greek yogurt and banana...is this good for muscle recovery?
  • kelpaint
    kelpaint Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a Luna bar for my early morning (5:30) intense class; has some carbs and protein to fuel me through my workout and under 200 calories or for variety a hard boiled egg. After I always have a protein shake; the protein I use has 24g protein, 4g CHO, 2g fat. I love Greek yogurt too and have that for a snack.
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You're already on the right track because greek yogurt and fruit is a great idea. You can also spread some peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat toast., it's packed with protein. You can even add a slice of banana. Yum-O.

Whey protein is a really good choice as well.