Having a Problem feeling FULL while eating...

Options
So, I need some help and need some advice! How can you eat your goal calories and feeling full?! I feel that I dont eat things that fill me up so I keep snacking... What are some foods that I can eat that help you feel full??

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel "full". It took a long time, but I've learned to stop eating when I'm no longer hungry, not when I'm full.

There's an important difference.
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Heres a little secret. I mix about 4-6 ounces of boiled chicken with a Smart Ones or Weight Watchers dinner. I mix the Chicken with the meal. It makes you feel like u ate something. Great low calorie meal.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Eating small meals every couple of hours helps, but yesterday I went about 5 hrs without eating, so I was starving, and couldn't get full. My BF suggested broth, and I tried it! It's amazing!!! I felt full and it's only 5 calories!
  • jojowack
    jojowack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. It does take getting used to. The more often you eat less, the easier it will become. Some healthy yet filling foods I go to are protien bars (luna, special K, etc) greek yogurt, fruits & veggies, soups, and so on.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Knock back 16 or 20 oz of water before you eat (I prefer it unchilled). I find that "instant fullness" really helps get over that 20 minutes between when the tummy is full and it bothers to tell the brain!
  • JLee1892
    JLee1892 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anything with fiber really helps with feeling full!! Make sure you are getting plenty of fiber
  • abower150
    Options
    i will have to try that! Thanks :)
  • abower150
    Options
    Good Idea!! :) Def will stock up on some broth!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My number one goal (except for reaching my calorie goal of course) is fiber. I try to reach or exceed my fiber goal everyday, and I track it as I go thru my day choosing my meals etc, my next priority is protein because I work out and I want to built or at least maintain my muscle, then comes veggies. And if I eat a carb it has to be a vegetable or 100 whole grain. (except for the sugar in my coffee of course and the edy's coconut bars that I keep around for my treats, my excuse is they are FULL of fiber lol) Since I started doing that I found I am rarely hungry. And when I have to go a long time in between meals I keep dry roasted almonds on hand and a serving for me is 6 (24 is a real serving) I found they satisfy the hungry monster, keep my blood sugar levels stable and they have healthy fats and fiber. And satisfies the crunch craving. Since I started doing it like this I have had no problems with being hungry or even starving and dont crave carbs (except for that horrible horrible TOM) so in a nutshell, meet or exceed your fiber requirements, meet or exceed your protein and get good healthy fats and you should feel great.
  • mothergoosey
    Options
    Drink a full glass of water before eating, or more perhaps...then eat, your body will feel fuller....also a study was done..if u eat w ur opposite hand, Youl eat 30% less calories n eel the same fullness BC ur mind is focused on trying to use your opposite hand...
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    R U Serious?
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Good fats (not trans fat) and protein keep me feeling satiated for a long time. I also second the broth recommendation. I made some chicken stock the other day and if I feel like snacking mid-day, I have been having a small mug of stock. It really hits the spot.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Eat your veggies!! Eat 2-3 cups of raw veggies per meal - carrots, a salad, broccoli, celery.

Also where are your calories coming from? If you're eating a low calorie diet those calories have to count. Eat a 300 calorie meal with balanced protein, veggies, and a whole grain carb you won't be hungry. Use those 300 calories to eat a cupcake, you'll be hungry.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    For me, upping the protein and fiber helps me feel sated. Not full, but sated. If I eat until I am full, I am in trouble. I had to learn the difference as well.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Eating small meals every couple of hours helps, but yesterday I went about 5 hrs without eating, so I was starving, and couldn't get full. My BF suggested broth, and I tried it! It's amazing!!! I felt full and it's only 5 calories!
    Hey..great reminder, thanks! Trader Joe's has low sodium broth and that does sound good! :flowerforyou:
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    So, I need some help and need some advice! How can you eat your goal calories and feeling full?! I feel that I dont eat things that fill me up so I keep snacking... What are some foods that I can eat that help you feel full??
    What on earth are you eating? I need food that makes me feel less full!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started on MFP I ate small meals, 4 - 5 times per day. I planned meals the night before to ensure I had balance throughout the day doing a 50/30/20 ratio. I would WANT to snack in between and if there was an opportunity, as time went on I started doing just that.

4 days ago I started IF (intermittent fasting) where I fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour window each day where I consume all of my daily calories. The first meal is the largest, and each one (3 total works for my schedule) is progressively smaller. Today's first meal was so filling that by the time 4PM came around for my second meal, I wasn't yet hungry. I don't like to feel hungry, especially if I'm not engaged in something.

The trick to feeling full is to eating foods that are dense. This is going to be protein. Think boneless skinless chicken breast. The simplest thing in the world to prepare. Frozen, fresh, etc and so many combinations and ways to eat it. You can eat tons of the stuff for little to no calories and it will fill you up fast.

My first meal today was 1lb of turkey breast, 2 oz of smoked salmon, 3 cups of greed fibrous carbs, 3/4 cup legumes, , 4 oz of guacamole and a cup of mixed berries. It was a pile of food and since I love to eat, I loved feeling full for a full 4 hours until my next meal.