Silly men..

Options
AshjMusik
AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
So today I went to the liquor store & was given a big discount by the guy working there because I'm "just too goddam cute!" Right afterwards to went to get gas, & the guy gave me a free pack of cigs & said "Have a great night sexy!" The thing is, I didn't flirt w/ them or cajole or act inappropriate in any way, I was just NICE! Small talk, sincere smiles & thank- you's.
Now I'm not one of those girls that go to bars & lead guys on for free drinks, I think it's shameless & tactless. When my gfs do this when we go out I'm so embarrassed & distance myself. I've noticed as I've lost this weight this has been happening to me a lot. Free alcohol, food, tickets etc. I firmly let them know I'm married but am still approachable & am all about the eye contact. Funny how I act the same way towards men, but get treated so differently now.

So ladies just curious, have u noticed people are treating u differently now? What kind of free stuff or attention do men give u for no apparent reason?

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I got free stuff all the time even when I was fat. XD

Guys definitely respond to niceties. And, no, that is not a portmanteau. :laugh:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    if you count sleezy men at the gas station...yes. lol

other than that some grocery bagger was flirting with me when my boyfriend was right there! funniest thing ever!! he kept saying "you sure you don't need any help?" :laugh:
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LOL Some grocery store employee popped up on like 6 different aisles trying to "help me find something" the other day ~ I am totally and completely in love with my honey but dam if that didn't make my morning anyway.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What I hate are the women who EXPECT guys to come to them and make a fuss over them... whether or not it is warranted.,,, the type of women that end up on a Springer episode.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    starting too and its awesome!
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    From a male perspective; I've not noticed any different treatment from the ladies. :(
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    well.elbandito....if you count free stuff via mail just because you're cute.....you can at least count one incident in recent history ;D
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    You don't wanna know what I get from women.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I had a male student, a senior, run ahead of me to hold the door for me today. Sweetest thing! But as far as truly adult men? Only attention I notice I get is on here.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a large amount of comments today with women talking about how much men hit on them... is there something I don't know?
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Where do I find the Silly women who will buy me alcohol and give me free *kitten*???
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Where do I find the Silly women who will buy me alcohol and give me free *kitten*???

yah, sign me up for that!!!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Last week, some guy came up to me after our class finished to asked me where the street was? and we were in a building that had only one hallway going through it :huh:
    I was walking with my boyfriend and he mentioned that the guy was more than likely trying to start a conversation with me, until he noticed my boyfriend stopped walking when I stopped.

People normally don't walk up to me to ask me such weird questions.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I dont get anything....Maybe just a compliment......What women actualy accept stuff men give them (especially the random creepy ones)?
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    I really don't notice any difference... Just as unattractive as ever hahaha. But I agree with Nisa, who actually accepts that kind of stuff?
  • elbandito
    Options
    well.elbandito....if you count free stuff via mail just because you're cute.....you can at least count one incident in recent history ;D

Ooooh, that's because I was cute...?;)

Wow, us guys are sometimes quite stupid. :D

ps: Postcard yet? Is it there?
  • elbandito
    Options
    Double post. This one reserved for something funny. Please check back in 5 minutes.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Ooooh, that's because I was cute...?;)

Wow, us guys are sometimes quite stupid. :D

ps: Postcard yet? Is it there?

absolutely because you are cute! ....and you have an accent i absolutely adore....and one more thing....you make me laugh! :wink:
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    yeah i have lost 15 lbs where is my hi's and here have these for free things. I am always nice an polite but then i end up tipping the waitress more because i am nice to her she is nicer back.. wth LOL