oh, hello!

Options
Hello FMP community,

I'm a pretty recent edition to this site.

Here's my story--

I was at a healthy weight (I'm 5'8) of 164 this time last year. I had been running cross country and making very healthy choices. In the spring, I did a study abroad program in Latin America, most of the time was spent in Costa Rica. While there, I ate however much and whatever my host family provided. My diet changed draaasssticallly. I'm a vegetarian but I ate meat while there. They eat a lot of carbs which was something I also hadn't included a lot of in my diet. I also didn't have the freedom to exercise when I wanted.

By the end of my four months abroad, I was 20 lbs. heavier. I thought that upon my return to home and healthy habits, the weight would come off rather quickly.

Well, it hasn't. I am going to have to be disciplined to get it off. The sooner the better-but I'm willing to work hard.... thought I haven't had success on my own. So--I'm definitely looking forward to the comradery here. Be my friend! Help me out?

Thank you thank you.

-sarah

Replies

• shetravels15
    Options
    oh-and biggest challenge--evenings.

I do well during the day but get the munchies so terribly pre and post supper.
  • teenyinni
    Options
    Nights are the worst!! I'm letting my dinner digest right now and then going for a run... usually after I workout I don't want to blow my efforts by snacking so hopefully that will help.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know how the nighttime cravings go........... the chips and salsa are calling my name right now!!!! Especially since I was under my cals for today, however gonna fight the temptation and have a few frozen grapes.

Welcome!!!!!