not new, just not motivated...

Options
ive proven to myself i can lose weight....i just cant get motivated to do it again....any help?

Replies

• cherrytulips
    Options
    bump
  • jodie0520
    jodie0520 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What exactly is it that is stopping you? Are you not wanting to exercise or just not motivated to make better food choices?
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    To keep myself motivated I have a old picture when I was at my heaviest hanging on my fridge. I also have a target outfit I want to fit into hanging on my bedroom door to motivate me.

You can ask a friend to be your workout buddy or go to exercise classes with you.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Visualize yourself being able to wear just about whatever you want. I sooo love looking forward to getting dressed now. My closet used to depress me, now it makes me happy:)
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    Why don't you think you are worth the effort to lose weight? That's what it boils down to. It takes diligence and effort to lose weight, and why won't you invest that in yourself? You can do it again!
  • dixiejeep
    dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i just cant get motivated to eat the right things....i lost 35 pounds right before the summer started, and put it all back on. im just like...blah
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    this is what motivated me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Xce3PxznQ
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    get on this new 30DS that we are just starting! I missed the first day but I'm going to do it tonight. And, I'll make up the one I missed when my muscles quit aching :flowerforyou: Come on! I've been where you are, so just jump right in! 30 Days and it will all be over ! I'm going to be 53 in Nov. and I just don't want to be heavy and inactive anymore...come join us!!
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    Well MFP is def a step in the right direction... new or not!

Have you tried other phone apps? I run with the Nike Run app or RunKeeper. Keeps track of all the info I need (calories, distance, time) and I can play my music with it too!

Also just got the Nike Training Club app and it looks pretty sweet! You would need a gym membership or some gym equipment (weights, medicine balls, etc) to use it properly... but it may help a lot! I plan on using it this week to see how I like it. I wanna do it at the gym so I dont give up so easily. It's a lot harder to just give up when you have ppl around you.

Last... Perhaps try different things in ur workout? I get bored easily. I dont like doing the same thing all the time... cept running... i love that. But try spin classes... then yoga... and just bounce back and forth. With a gym membership that should be a slice! Again if you dont have a gym membership I would look to running (if u can) and workout dvd's.

Oh... and diet is always such a big thing. I hate that... but each week choose a cheat day. It'll be like your reward for behaving with ur meals. Good luck :))
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hello there,
    A good start to find your own motivation is to reach out for help like you are doing.
    Only you can answer the question " How bad do you want to succeed in your health program ". If you truly want to succeed then you will immediately change YOUR ATTITUDE.
    I believe if you make this program a DAILY HABIT then you will be on the road to success.
    Staying on track is not always easy and that is why so many people fail. You must have the will power and courage to stay with it even when you want to stop.
    Add me as a friend if you want support. Just ask anytime and just take small steps.
    Talk to you soon.
    Saka
  • josalynefletcher
    josalynefletcher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what ALWAYS helps give me the UMPH i need or even just snap me out of the LULL is to plan something. a get a way an event, a treat of some sort..... something to work "towards" and its a treat in the end.

make sure to stay realistic with your goals though!

~Jos
  • jodie0520
    jodie0520 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, if food choices are your problem, that should be an easy fix. I suggest you take tip from the previous poster and ask yourself why YOU are worth it. How do you feel about yourself? If you feel good and think you are healthy, then don't be so hard on yourself. However, if you don't like the way you feel in your clothes or want to get healthier, then you have to choose to make yourself a priority.
    And remember that eating healthy doesn't have to mean depriving yourself of tasty treats. There are fantastic recipes for healthy meals. And when you get a craving for something "not healthy" just remember: everything in moderation.

So, make the decision that you are worth it, find a good support system, and quit making excuses. Then start taking it one day at a time.