Are the last 10 pounds the toughest too loose?

Options
I suddenly stopped losing weight but I'm maintaining it, only need :sad: :sad: 10 more pounds for my goal. so I started outdoor cycling 60+ minutes a night before bed. Crossing my fingers.

Replies

• DisneyMommy
    Options
    I've got 3 - 4 more to lose and it's taking forever! I passed my original goal so I set it 10 lbs lower, just trying to get that last few off now. I hope your added cycling does the trick. I think I need to shake things up too.
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was about 10 pounds from my goal weight and stopped losing. Then I started to get SO frustrated with myself, and put 10 pounds back on from almost giving up :( So now I'm working on losing those 10 pounds again. So yes, it's tough. But DON'T give up!
  • kabatoff
    Options
    I too am at the 10 more pounds... I would be happy with 5 right now... seem to hit a plateau... its kinda of frustrating.... I think the key is to change things up a bit... different exercise routines, etc..

Janet
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Thanks, You're probably right, it's time to shake it up!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation for a week and wasnt that good.....didnt log. Came back and have lost 4 lbs!! So only 6 left. sometimes taking a small break helps jump start you again :-)
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Thank you, I will keep that in mind, good luck
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You shouldnt be trying to lose more than half a pound a week for the last 10, your body is probably rebelling.
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Janet I totally agree, I hope the cycling does the trick, appreciate your comment
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Taking a break is not a good idea for me I'm trying to make this a routine for life, thank you I hope you had a great vacation.
  • donita51
    Options
    I know I have been at the same weight for the last few weeks, and am totally discourged, but I have been doing the keetlebworx and so have lost inches that has helped.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am usualy 5-8 pounds from my goal weight of 125 (5'5 female). I seem to hover around 130-133. This has been going on for around three years now. I'll admit, I kind of got lazy and gave up. I excercise for a few months and quit for a few months (other than a little walking). I've always been aware of about how many calories I take in, but haven't had the determination to push harder and eat healthier. I would say they are the hardest, but actually, I haven't taken the bull by the horns. I wish you success. I bet shaking things up will get you there!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing all the right things but my body doesn't seem to want to let go of any more weight. I've made a few modifications so I'm hoping it pays off. It's hard putting in the effort and to not get the results you want. Let us know how it works out for you!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    No. The last 2 are. I've been sitting here, 2 lbs. above goal for 3 months, despite trying all sorts of things. Oh well, measurements continue to come down, so it's all good.
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Yes, I to continue losing inches but the weight it's a different area code, thanks
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Maybe weight doesn't matter more than the appearance, Im definitely losing inches. thx
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Maybe it's not bad weight maybe it's muscle weight hmmmm. thanks
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Awwwww I'm sorry, when you're ready you will take control I'm sure of it. thanks
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's "unnatural" for your body to be lean, and have low body fat so it resists pretty hard. Make sure you are eating enough.
  • trafficdreamer
    Options
    Yes. It's "unnatural" for your body to be lean, and have low body fat so it resists pretty hard. Make sure you are eating enough.

great advice thanks