The Little Things

Options
What types of things do you do BESIDES focused exercising to help with weight loss?

I read that even standing up burns about twice as many calories than sitting down so at work I try do do as many jobs standing as I can, less sitting at my desk. And then when I am sitting I try to keep a foot tapping or something moving. I know it may seems stupid but I figure every time I move rather than sit still works towards my goal.

Who less has "little" things they do?

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What types of things do you do BESIDES focused exercising to help with weight loss?

I read that even standing up burns about twice as many calories than sitting down so at work I try do do as many jobs standing as I can, less sitting at my desk. And then when I am sitting I try to keep a foot tapping or something moving. I know it may seems stupid but I figure every time I move rather than sit still works towards my goal.

Who less has "little" things they do?

I flex my butt when I drive and also do kegel exercises (it's a muscle - must burn calories, right?)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I do little dances to music whenever a good song comes on...especially in the car or getting ready for the day in front of the mirror.

Always take the stairs.

Park far away.

Get on the floor and play with my dog.
  • catgirl711
    Options
    Taking the stairs, I work on the fourth floor of a hospital and I have to run stuff up and down the stairs all night. I'll get up and walk all the time .Helps keep me awake too! And I'm overall a fidgety person so I'm always moving a little bit. You can burn up to 500 calories more a day by fidgeting!
  • ellyallen
    Options
    I walk my grandchildren to school instead of driving them. When I take them to the park I play with them instead of sitting and watching.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I park my car further from the door than usual (or than my husband is happy too! :laugh:) And, when possible, at work I try to run up the stairs. hehe!
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Take the stairs instead of elevator whenever possible. Don't fight for close parking spots - the further back the more steps to get there. Volunteer to do the deliveries for the office to get more walking in. Yoga facial and neck exercises while in the car to help with double chin.
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    my mom always told me to sit up straight and suck in the weight whenever possible. it's hard to do always but it flexes some muscles and you feel a bit of a burn.
  • razorspells
    Options
    Any activity can burn calories even sleeping. It's the intensity and duration of the activity that get's you a good burn. All of the post above are true :)
  • dani2005
    Options
    I am a cashier where I work so I always to try to make sure that when I am standing at my register I am moving some what so I am not in one spot all the time. Its fun. It's like little dances through out the day.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I am a cashier where I work so I always to try to make sure that when I am standing at my register I am moving some what so I am not in one spot all the time. Its fun. It's like little dances through out the day.
    I hope you have some good shoes, girlfriend. That's tough on the back. I've always wondered how cashiers handle that.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    sex.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I stand on the subway if I don't have a book. I also try to fidget, I heard it can add up and burn a ton!!
  • ZachyABaby
    Options
    sex.

shhh. our secret.