Need support! Worst diet day...

Just had a VERY bad personal/academic day and the worst diet day in 2 years. I'm 15lbs away from 100lbs lost, and suddenly I'm eating like I did years ago.

I'd put my diary public, but today was beyond embarrassing. Between Ramen noodle for breakfast, Lunch from a vending machine and with pizza rolls for protein, all topped off with a dinner of desserts. FML!

Bring me your success stories...please!

Replies

• k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    So how do you feel right now?
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    I'm not going to give you a success story, because I just had a setback, myself.... but really.... if you've worked THIS hard... to get SO FREAKING CLOSE to your 100lb loss... you can keep going! We ALL have bad days..... today was yours. Brush yourself off, girl.... and keep your eye on the goal... and start over again tomorrow! :)
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    That close to 100??? You have come way too far to give up now!! Tomorrow is another day, everybody has bad days. One day at a time. Just try not to make it a habit.
  • Hey don't beat yourself over it too much. We ALL have "those" days. What's important is what you do now that the day is over!

Why do we fall?
    So we learn to pick ourselves up.

You'll wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready to tackle a brand new day full of potential. And you're SO close to your goal, how can you not feel excited? :)
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Next time you have a bad day, instead of eating a lot of crap just go and do a workout ? =] But it's okay to have a bad day once in a while. Tomorrow is a new day !
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Thanks all! I'm in a professional program, so I am on campus 12+ hours a day,, (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). I've been so good at not letting that dictate me to a diet of fast food/vending machines/junk, but today I got a huge personal setback, and gave in to temptation. Then by the time I got home I've got 30 minutes to myself before bed, not even enough time to work off the calories, and save the day.

Thanks for the support!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Agreed. Some times we mess up. You just did a brave thing sharing with everyone. Hopefully coming clean will inspire you to get back on track again. And about opening your diary, sometimes it helps even when you "mess up". I have an open one for my friends and they can see my bad days too. It used to embarass me but now I am trying to learn from it too. You're fine.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Tomorrow is another day! Drink lots of water, make better food choices and forgive yourself:flowerforyou:
  • This ....
    Tomorrow is another day! Drink lots of water, make better food choices and forgive yourself:flowerforyou:

AND...

Don't weigh yourself tomorrow. Stay on your plan for 3 days then come back and let us know how you did!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    everyone has a bad day, you just acknowledge it and put it behind you and move on. Sometimes like me, you have a bad week ;)
    on another note you said that you have trouble finding healthy options available due to your schedule. At walmart or even target and sometimes even at smiths/kroger you can find refrigerated lunch boxes. You put it in the freezer at night. And in the morning while my coffee is brewing and my oatmeal is cooking I pack my lunch and snacks for the day (sometimes the night before and put it in the fridge and just throw it in the box before I leave) It keeps my food cold and fresh all day. I also keep almonds on hand in my purse or bag for when I have to go a long time in between meals if I dont have time to sit down and eat. I always budget the almonds in. If I end up not needing them then I delete them later but they are an option and I dont eat them all at once. I find them very satisfying. And I am a food server. so I work 6-8 hours on my feet running and sweating and I dont get rest breaks or a lunch break. The almonds and sometimes a banana get me thru. That way I dont eat the fresh bread and butter and cream based soups that they make available to us free at work since we dont get breaks. Some other snacks I pack are apple slices, dried plums, baby carrots. What ever you like. And just keep the bag with you all day or keep in a locker if you have it :) HTH
  • Sometimes we all need one of those days, just don't beat yourself up over it! One day off isn't going to ruin your progress, but don't stress out about it because stress is the worst on your weight loss. I know the other day I had a really bad day, so I ate a cupcake and didn't regret it for a minute! I also like to add a food note about why I ate something I shouldn't have so I won't stress about it later. Add me for support!
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    everyone has a bad day, you just acknowledge it and put it behind you and move on. Sometimes like me, you have a bad week ;)
    on another note you said that you have trouble finding healthy options available due to your schedule. At walmart or even target and sometimes even at smiths/kroger you can find refrigerated lunch boxes. You put it in the freezer at night. And in the morning while my coffee is brewing and my oatmeal is cooking I pack my lunch and snacks for the day (sometimes the night before and put it in the fridge and just throw it in the box before I leave) It keeps my food cold and fresh all day. I also keep almonds on hand in my purse or bag for when I have to go a long time in between meals if I dont have time to sit down and eat. I always budget the almonds in. If I end up not needing them then I delete them later but they are an option and I dont eat them all at once. I find them very satisfying. And I am a food server. so I work 6-8 hours on my feet running and sweating and I dont get rest breaks or a lunch break. The almonds and sometimes a banana get me thru. That way I dont eat the fresh bread and butter and cream based soups that they make available to us free at work since we dont get breaks. Some other snacks I pack are apple slices, dried plums, baby carrots. What ever you like. And just keep the bag with you all day or keep in a locker if you have it :) HTH

Thanks for the great tips! It's always nice to hear how people in similar situations deal with restricted food options! Here is to a better tomorrow! Night all!
  • oh pooor girl! im feeling the same way today! ive been at this site for 40 days and ive gained 10 lbs. im not doing well but i put out a forum and got some great ideas. just go there and read it and pretend its for you. much love!
  • First, one day is not got going to be the end of all your hard work so don't freak out or beat yourself up to much. Second, congratulations for the progress you have made to date! Clearly, you have it in you to go forward AND you will.

One thing I would suggest is what was suggested to me when I found myself backsliding and behaving like the "old" me vs. the "new and improved" me and that was to really take this opportunity to learn WHY? This is more than just about the right food choices weren't available. Maybe the "setback" at school brought up old feelings that then triggered the eating.

I know that once I started to make the connection to that feeling, I had a better understanding about myself and my food issues and that has helped me more than once when I have found myself sabotaging all of my hard work.

I hope that helps and good luck! I can't wait to hear when you make your goal because you are THERE!
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    I didn't have the greatest day either...well, not the greatest week to be honest, and it's not going to get much better. I usually work out at my lunch break, but yesterday we had a lunch meeting at work and I woke up too late to be able to get my exercise in before work (after work is not an option as I have a fiance and a 1-1/2 year old boy). Today was my birthday, and so my mom took me out to lunch to a Thai restaurant. While I didn't have any rice (yay me!), I still ate my entire plate of chicken and green beans, on top of not being able to work out at my lunch break (though I was able to fit in a brief workout this morning). My honey took me out for dinner at Applebee's and while I only had half of my dinner from the "under 550 calorie" menu, I indulged in a beer and a shot of tequila in celebration. Tomorrow should be a pretty normal day though, so I feel good about that, but Thursday is another lunch meeting (who knows what my lunch options will be), and hopefully I will wake up in time to get a decent workout in. Then, Saturday is a planned night out with other family/friends for my birthday :ohwell: We all have those days (or week in my case) and we just have to push through them and continue this journey. After all, once we reach our goal weight, we won't return to how we once viewed food. This is a lifestyle change that we have to live with for the rest of our lives, not just a temporary fix, so why not enjoy it every once in a while?
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    The worst thing you can do is hide it, feel sorry for yourself and keep repeating the behavior. Everyone has bad days . It's hard to not let one bad day turn into a bad week, month, year..... First, get rid of the guilt. Next, talk to your friends and get support. Tomorrow, start fresh.

And go buy yourself an outfit. Clothes shopping usually is an instant cure for overeating.
  • 1nsands
    1nsands Posts: 27
    I totally agree with the lunchbox idea. At the least you can probably bring a few healthy snacks to get you through till meal times. And you should try and eat breakfast before you leave for the day. I know it's hard. I have to be to work early in the morning and have a baby I have to drop off at daycare. But my husband and I manage it almost every morning.

I just came off a bad weekend. I ate a ton of food... Don't know why. I was up 5 pounds on Monday morning. This morning I was only up 2 pounds. And probably by tomorrow or the next day I'll be back down. Everyone has those days. It's NOT a big deal. In fact, it's good to occasionally eat a bunch of calories to keep your metabolism going strong. You might see a higher weight for a few days. But don't worry. It won't do permanent damage to your diet.

Tonight, look up a Bikram Yoga posture called "Wind Removing Pose" Essentially, you lay flat on your back, and bring one knee up to your chest, and then the other, and then both. (this is going to sound gross, sorry)... and it should help to move things along in your digestive track. Also... tomorrow you should drink a lot of water to help flush everything out.

Don't let one bad day get you down. You've done an amazing job at losing weight. One day is so not a big deal!!!!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Hey girli !! Keep going. Never give up. Resolve to begin anew tonight ! YOU CAN DO THIS ! I'm 50 years old and have lost 55 lbs since Christmas of 2010. It was hell at first, and I fell off the wagon time and time again. But now its a lifestyle and I have 45 lbs to go to my best shape... ahhhh to be 22 again !! Friend me and I'll be happy to support you in your journey. Peace-Love-Happiness-Passion, Daddiocoolcat (Dave)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member

^^ this

It's not just about losing weight. If it were only that simple. It's about living life and that's exactly what you are doing. Lots of Water and don't look at the scale for at least 3 days. You are doing AMAZING!!! Go You!