Makeup/Beauty Products You'd Recommend

I am looking to update my makeup/beauty bag and I was wondering what products you ladies out there stand by. I really need some new products!

My favorites are the revelon colorstay makeup line (it really stays :smile: ) and Vasilene Intensive care lotion with cocoa butter.

Replies

• I am looking to update my makeup/beauty bag and I was wondering what products you ladies out there stand by. I really need some new products!

My favorites are the revelon colorstay makeup line (it really stays :smile: ) and Vasilene Intensive care lotion with cocoa butter.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I recently purchased oil of olay daily effects eye cream to help with darkness, wrinkles etc.... don't bother.:tongue::grumble:
  • any products from prescriptives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(NON TEStED ON ANIMALS AND IT'S ALSO NON COMODOGENIC Ansd oil free!!!!!!!!!!!!

for eye shadows MAC and for lipstick CHannel or dior,also BOBBI brown have a very good selection of cosmetics!!!!!!!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I can't live a day without Bare Essentials loose powder.
    I sprung and bought some Chanel moisturizer not too long ago, severely expensive, but my face has never looked better. i LOVE IT. It makes me sad to know that I can't afford to keep in the Chanel line of skin care because its fantastic.
  • Bare Essentials/Minerals are great. I started wearing the makeup in 05. You can usually purchase this at Ulta or Sephora. Good Luck.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I'm a big fan of the covergirl aquasmooth foundation. Good coverage and blends well :)
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    I use Minerelles.. i get it online.. my skin drys out and this is the only stuff that has kept me from breaking out. There are no Toxins and it is filled with minerals.. it's safer to wear it rather than not.

anyway... here is an awesome website you should check out. You can find out how dangerous some of these makeups are... When I found this website my husband and I checked everything we owned.. it's really fun.

http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1

you can search product, ingredient or company They use a 0-10 scale 10 being a high hazard

for example
    Bare Essentials/Minerals is an excellent make up it Scores a 0
    Channel carbon Black eye pencil is a 6 (it has chemicals that causes cancer, has violations and restrictions and non reproductive toxins)
  • I really like the Mary Kay Time Wise collection! I also use their foundation and color - I love how it lasts!
    Just my two-cents!:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I use the Mineral Effects that my sister recommended. I am glad she did because it is very nice. Much like the Bare Essentials without the price tag. I also have some rice powder that I use on occassion.

Before I bought that though I was using Almay and I did really like that.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Bare Essentials/Minerals are great. I started wearing the makeup in 05. You can usually purchase this at Ulta or Sephora. Good Luck.

Bare Essentials is a great product but I wouldn't limit yourself to this line. I purchased a crap ton of mineral makeup and have found it difficult to keep it organized since all the makeup containers look the same. In addition, the makeup has potential to get really messy since _everything_ is loose powder. Makes carrying your foundation and brushes difficult.

In addition, think about brush maintenance. You need to clean your brushes weekly to ensure they maintain their quality.

If you want to carry your makeup with you during the day for touch ups, mineral makeup makes it difficult. You have to carry your brush in a way to make sure it doesn't get messed up in your purse and make sure your mineral makeup doesn't spill everywhere. Bare Minerals sells a compact that totes your foundation/kabuki brush; however,the case is around $35.00 and I can't justify paying that much for a carrying case.

These are some things to consider when purchasing Bare Minerals. It's a great makeup but make sure you're ready to consider what this type of makeup entails.

I really like Smashbox and Stila myself but I would recommend Bare Minerals in small doses. Don't overload yourself in this brad because you won't be able to distinguish your concealer from your eye shadow from your eye liner without looking at the bottom of the case.

Good Luck!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I've been trying to stay away from chemicals in my skin care.

I've discovered that if Burt's Bees makes it, I'll probably love it. I slather on their coconut foot cream under my socks before I go for a walk. No blisters, and tons of dollars saved on pedicures. They also make a tinted lip gloss that has made me slightly more glam than cherry chapstick (my old standby). I also like the "Aubrey" natural brands. Their shampoos and conditioners are really nice.

I also love bare minerals. Their products are pricey, but I find they last forever. I literally have to only buy foundation twice a year. I just treated myself to two new eye shadows. I'm super-fair and it has sunscreen built right in, which is great because regular sunscreen (even the stuff for babies) makes my skin freak out.

and my favorite, ultimate, luxe treat is Aveda mascara. It smells like roses! I haven't bought any in a while, because it's not cheap. But it SMELLS LIKE ROSES how cool is that?:flowerforyou:

I could go on and on. . .I'm a product junkie. Which is odd, because I don't feel particularly high-maintenance.
    :tongue:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Urban Decay Eye Shadow. Lots of cute colors and lots of sparkles....My favorite color is Chopper.
  • all my makeup is Loreal Paris and Benefit that you get sephora their probably the best products ive ever used!!! Like the new 4 step powder from loreal paris is amazing and benefit has great pressed powder and gives you a great natural glow!!! and they have amazing mascara.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    I use YoungBlood. I just got it a few weeks ago because I was using the loreal true match and we felt like it was messing with my already acne prone skin. I really like it. It stays put, looks natural, and my skin has already been looking better.
  • :heart: I love Samystraight relaxing creme for my hair and Definicils Mascara - really brings out your lashes!!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Bare Minerals all the way... Yes it can get messy but it's good for your skin so well worth it in the end, for me anyways. Also with there line you can use the blushes for your eyes so you really can get alot of uses out of all the products. they are all pretty much universal for all over face use.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    www.makeupalley.com

This is a great website to check out reviews on tons and tons of beauty products...everything under the sun is listed there. So if you get a rec from someone, you can read up on it there and see what other people's experiences are with it before you spend the money.

Probably my absolute favorite product are the Mac Fluidlines...if you haven't tried them, they are the best gel eyeliners around :heart: Really easy to apply + lasts all day.