WW vs. MFP - opinions?

Options
any opinions on tracking points ( weight watchers) versus calories (my fitness pal)
which worked better for you?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I'm a former WW leader, but I like MFP better.

WW is so complicated now; you have to have that silly calculator with you all the time. Also, WW assumes that everyone is obese and never works out. The whole exercise points thing is never properly explained to people -- being told that you "can" eat your exercise points is bad advice. People need to be told that they NEED to eat their exercise points. Also they need to be told that doing laundry and walking across a parking lot is not exercise.

WW is also still hawking "foods" that are nothing but processed junk and contain corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils.

Finally, MFP is free!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I tried WW in March, lost 7 lbs my first week!!!! Gained 7 + 4 in the remaining 3 weeks... Dropped it like a bad habit, joined a gym and started back up at MFP. My ticker is the weight loss from MFP... Since June... For me, WW didn't work. For others it might be fine, but holding myself accountable for calories in/ calories out has worked for me vs. a points system.
  • happymommy40
    Options
    I was on WW, but started gaining on the new Program. I was sick of counting Points and being afraid to eat my Activity Points. I find MFP much easier (huge database of food) and I lost 6lbs in 2 weeks. Now I have no problems eating my exercise calories and I am losing! I am not knocking WW because it works for a lot of people, but the new program didn't work for me at all.
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Options
    I tried WW for a few months but gained 3lbs. I am not good at sticking to a "diet". Decided my money was better spent on a gym membership. I like MFP much better because it's easy to log everything and it's not prescriptive. I've lost a total of 9lbs since quitting WW...