Getting Started

Options
I'm brand new to this website - two days old to be exact. Both days I've quit entering my info because I totally eat wrong and I don't want to put it in my journal. In summary, I still haven't started because I can't even string 3 good meals together to get one decent day under my belt! I've got to be the weakest person in the world!! I keep telling myself, "today is the day that I start eating healthy". But I never make it through the day. What a loser.

Replies

• quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Enter it anyway. It really does help.
  • ellenrose25
    Options
    don't get down on yourself. maybe try planning your meals ahead of time so you don't stray from eating healthy? then if you do eat something bad, you know how many calories out of your "plan" that you need to burn off to meet your goal
  • ellenrose25
    Options
    Enter it anyway. It really does help.

this is also true, because it tells you what you'll weigh in 5 weeks and it's very motivating if you see it go up or not change. (for me at least!)
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you should track everything. no matter how awful you think you are doing, having it typed out in front of you will make you more aware of what you are doing and in the long run you will switch what you are eating. It doesnt help anyone if you "fudge" the numbers in you food diary/ Trust me, enter it and move on. You already know you arent eating the right way, this just hammers the point home and helps you stop!
  • amy041976
    amy041976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We have all been there in the beginning when it seems to be so overwhleming. Try setting small goals each day to meet. When you have met one goal, set another. Smaller goals may not feel so hard to achieve. We are all here for support. Everyone feel free to add me if you would like a little motivation.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Seriously, do not talk about yourself like that, ever! Outlaw words like 'weak' and 'loser' as beating yourself up only makes you worse. Build yourself up and don't worry about logging anything and everything in your diary!

For example, I logged a chocolate eclair today! And I'm having a small glass of wine pretty much every day and a wide variety of food. Don't worry about having to eat 'clean' or eat anything in particular (i.e. lots of veges) to start with - just get started!

Don't compare yourself as a beginner to experts.

Don't fear judgement (choose friends who'll support you and not judge. You can even hide your diary if you want.)

A journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step. Good luck on your journey!
  • SUgrad04
    Options
    Yes, totally log everything anyway, I agree. I've had a couple of days since I started where I went over (one day, *way* over) but I felt good about entering it anyway. Plus, over the whole week things worked out fine.
    You can also see the report that gives you your weekly average, and it's a good reminder that everyone has an off day, and you really just need to concentrate on making steady progress. Keep at it! :-)
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    really, log, log, log. i learned sooo much about the foods i had been eating!

it's a process. this is all about lifestyle, and you will not know what to change if you don't know where you are starting it.

i used my phone app exclusively for the first few weeks until i started to feel like i was getting the hang of things, then i went online more and made my diary viewable to friends. you can keep your diary private, too, if that makes you more comfortable in the beginning.

it's all about what works for you :drinker:

chin up and onward!
  • Annette1334
    Options
    same thing track it! :) then u can always go back to see what didnt work. We all have bad daz and getting started is the hardest.. Keep on tracken.. :heart: