My Personal Junk food Challenge

Options
my challenge to myself... no junk food, sugar or MSG for the next 4 days...

I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND SIMPLE ~ but believe me, I am addicted to junk food!

I'm going to breath, relax and try to ignore and power though the cravings... any support would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

MAHALO!

Replies

• jab0618
    Options
    You CAN do it!! Every little step is a step in the right direction. Setting goals and trying to maintain them is the key!!! Good luck, can't wait to see your post that you got this goal accomplished!!!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm challenging myself to no junk food for the next 60 days (I'm part of a 60-day biggest loser weight loss competition at my gym). It's seriously tough because I love sweets.

I've been drinking fruit-flavored herbal tea and it helps me when I want something sweet. I have peach, wild berry, and sometimes I'll drink mint. It's been helping me through!
  • mwells68
    Options
    My deamon is also sweets;) I love them!!! but....I have been taking a nutirion class, and your cravings come from a lack of something else. Since I started supplementing vitamin c, and b12, my cravings have gone down a ton. And, when I get a craving I drink a bottle of water.
  • bstevens1021
    Options
    Good luck! I love junk food, too, and fast food, and sweets. Luckily I've not had as hard a time as I thought I would cutting out (most of) the fast food and (most of) the sweets, but I still eat way too much junk food! (Which is why I don't share my food diary. LOL)
  • sw00266
    Options
    It doesn't sound that simple. I'm trying to set a goal of no sweets during the work week, and only eat sweets on the weekend, but I'm having a hard time. Sweets are all around me.
  • konatreehugger
    Options
    I know that I should be supplementing with B12 and vitamin C, I've been told that before... I will try that and see if it helps! Thanks for the great tips! I'm going to a Chocolate Festival this weekend, otherwise my challenge would be bigger...though 4 days WILL BE TOUGH FOR ME. :-)
  • kew736
    kew736 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have a softspot for baked goods and chocolate, I'm following your lead,
    starting tomorrow until next Thursday no "junk" food and added sugar for me.
  • konatreehugger
    Options
    That will help me for sure! Thanks for the Support!
  • konatreehugger
    Options
    ok, I ummmm, GULP, made my food diary public... eeeek.

Don't be afraid to call me out!

And yes, I know I am addicted to Licorice...Thanks.
  • konatreehugger
    Options
    Is Honey Junk food???
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a sugar addiction myself. My team trainer understands it, and told me I didn't have to give it up completely, but asked me to try to limit it to once a day. My sweet treat might be the cappuccino I get from the convenience store (1/3 cappuccino from the machine and the rest as decaf). It might be a cookie, a snack size almond joy, 1/2 of that bar that was there this morning in the lunch room that had chocolate in it, but other than that all i know about it is that it was delicious. I lost 4 pounds the first week.

When I gave it up completely, I craved it ALL the time. Now that I'm allowing myself to have some, I don't find myself needing it every day.

The chromium pills I take may also be helping. I take one after lunch, just about when I'm craving sweet, an hour later, when I realize I didn't eat anything sweet, I am not wanting it anymore.
  • konatreehugger
    Options
    Day 1 )

I DID IT FOR ONE DAY! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I'm Ready for Day 2.
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    great commitment! You can do it! I challenged myself to give up fast food for at least a month, and I managed to do it! :) It's all a matter of making the right choices and your body will definitely thank you for that!