Heart Rate monitor question

Options
Hi all, I am ready to purchase a heart rate monitor. I was wondering if the monitors that do NOT have the chest strap work. Do you think they work as well as the ones with the strap? Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou: Cindy

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am ready to purchase a heart rate monitor. I was wondering if the monitors that do NOT have the chest strap work. Do you think they work as well as the ones with the strap? Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou: Cindy
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I think most people on here use and recommend the HRMs that have the chest strap. They may cost a little more, but in the long run, it's worth it
  • TroyJLehan
    Options
    I Bought the wrist watch version at Wal-Mart the other day and it seems to work just fine.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Bunny, I checked out your profile and those cakes you make are Awsome! I wash I lived closer to you so I could buy birthday cakes from you. You have quite a talent. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: Cindy
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Thanks Insane! I was thinking of buying that very one. Cindy
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6. It has a chest strap. It monitors my heart rate continuously so I always know when I am working in my range.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Bunny, I checked out your profile and those cakes you make are Awsome! I wash I lived closer to you so I could buy birthday cakes from you. You have quite a talent. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: Cindy

Awwwww... shucks.... Thanks Cindy!:blushing: :blushing: For that, if you ever do move closer, you get a 50% discount!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I bought my hrm quite a few years ago (w/chest strap) and never used it until recently (go figure, right?) anyway, I actually don't find it (the strap) offensive at all, in fact I find that I seem to sit up a little straighter on the stationary bike and same with treadmill............who would've thought it would help with my posture to boot! So I know that doesn't answer the question, but adds to a suggestion for not worrying about the chest strap if you get one.
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    Mine is a Mark of Fitness HRM that straps on the back of your left hand, and the sensor wraps around the lower half of your left index finger. Very nice and seems to do the job well with lots of features. Bowflex sells it for $100, but I got it on eBay new for $38, so it pays to shop around.