help in buying HRM!!!! PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY!!!

Options
Hi guys,

I got to know there is an offer for a HRM (Beurer PM45) and it'll expire in 3 days. Can anyone help me in deciding? I'm attaching a link to the specs of this HRM here.

Specifications:

Model no. PM 45
2 wrist bands: blue and white
Analogue transmission
Adjustable individual training zone and alarm
Post workout analysis: average and maximum heart rates
Calorie and fat consumption recording
Fitness test, time, calendar, alarm, stopwatch functions
30m water-resistance
Includes chest strap monitor

more detailed one is in the link below
http://gm-img.s3.amazonaws.com/2011/102011/11-10-2011/Beurer/Product Specs (PM45).pdf

My need for HRM is basically to see my heart rate, calories burnt, any indicator that shows whether am I burning fat or improving my fitness. I initially wanted to purchase Polar FT7 but I have to wait for another 4 months (lack of financial assistance). This one on the other hand I can purchase this now as I have been saving for quite some time. Please please help me. I have noooo idea in this. Please help me.

Picture of the HRM.
http://gm-img.s3.amazonaws.com/2011/102011/11-10-2011/beurer-hrm/Beurer HRM (Oct 2011) 4.jpg

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it...but if it has a chest strap it's worth trying if you can't afford the Polar FT7 yet.
    I have a Polar FT7 and actually wish I had waited to buy the FT40/FT60 to calculate V02 max -- but I still love it.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Where are you buying it from and for how much? I really need one too. Thanks.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking... how much could you get it for?
  • babychoose
    babychoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The offer is only valid in Malaysia and it only delivers in Malaysia. It's RM249 instead of RM390. It's on Groupsmore.com
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I can't really say cause I don't know the brand, but I agree that if it gas a strap then it's probably gonna be good. Have you read any customer reviews about it online?
  • babychoose
    Options
    There's not much review. So I can't just depend on 1 or 2 reviews for this product. On the other hand Polar has countless reviews...
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It's probably best to hold out and get the polar. It's tried, tested and reccommeneded by many people on here
  • feiru
    feiru Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I saw the same deal too on Groupon, and researched about it and landed here. I wanted to buy this for my mom. But not much reviews available. Only saw one in Amazon and one on a blog. The biggest issue I have with this is that it is analogue transmission. That means it is not coded --> you can't use this with anyone else who has a chest strap nearby.

So depends whether you you will workout with someone with HRM or will you be always alone.

Sigma PC9 has the similar features, at lower price, made by German company with long history record. They are also non-coded. So you may want to consider that. The only issue I had with that was that my mom cannot use the chest strap (she is of the... bigger size, so to speak).
  • babychoose
    Options
    I doubt I will workout alone for the rest of my life. I read that too. Hhmm, maybe it's best if I wait for a while. To those who replied, thanks for the help!!! =0D
    I saw the same deal too on Groupon, and researched about it and landed here. I wanted to buy this for my mom. But not much reviews available. Only saw one in Amazon and one on a blog. The biggest issue I have with this is that it is analogue transmission. That means it is not coded --> you can't use this with anyone else who has a chest strap nearby.

So depends whether you you will workout with someone with HRM or will you be always alone.

Sigma PC9 has the similar features, at lower price, made by German company with long history record. They are also non-coded. So you may want to consider that. The only issue I had with that was that my mom cannot use the chest strap (she is of the... bigger size, so to speak).
  • yeroc39
    yeroc39 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi Everyone. My name is Corey and I actually work for Polar. Just wanted to identify that first. I will not give you the hard sell babychoose. Just give you some things to look at when you make your decision. Look at the warranty. Polar has 2 years and on top of that there are 6 service centers across the US that can fix it if something is not operating. There are also 10 people that all they do all day is answer questions, so if anything is unfamiliar to you about the operation, or just how to exercise with it, you can call or email.

Polar has been around for over 30 years. Its also the only medically validated brand. Also the FT4 up features a soft fabric transmitter that is very comfortable, most of the value brands don't.

But definitely get one with a chest strap, if not, your heart rate readings are not continuous. Picture you riding in your car and having to push a button to get your speed. Its the same thing. With a transmitter you get true guidance and you get accurate calories. Nothing that you put your finger on when you choose to look at heart rate can give accurate calories. Back to the car, It would be like pushing a button to get your speed 4 times in an hour and expecting to get an accurate miles per gallon reading. Just can't happen.

Good luck whatever you choose. But investing in a heart rate monitor will be one of the most important things you do to help you be successful. Have been using one for 26 years, well before I started with Polar
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. My name is Corey and I actually work for Polar. Just wanted to identify that first. I will not give you the hard sell babychoose. Just give you some things to look at when you make your decision. Look at the warranty. Polar has 2 years and on top of that there are 6 service centers across the US that can fix it if something is not operating. There are also 10 people that all they do all day is answer questions, so if anything is unfamiliar to you about the operation, or just how to exercise with it, you can call or email.

Polar has been around for over 30 years. Its also the only medically validated brand. Also the FT4 up features a soft fabric transmitter that is very comfortable, most of the value brands don't.

But definitely get one with a chest strap, if not, your heart rate readings are not continuous. Picture you riding in your car and having to push a button to get your speed. Its the same thing. With a transmitter you get true guidance and you get accurate calories. Nothing that you put your finger on when you choose to look at heart rate can give accurate calories. Back to the car, It would be like pushing a button to get your speed 4 times in an hour and expecting to get an accurate miles per gallon reading. Just can't happen.

Good luck whatever you choose. But investing in a heart rate monitor will be one of the most important things you do to help you be successful. Have been using one for 26 years, well before I started with Polar

I wish there was a program to upgrade your Polar! I would love to trade in my FT7 for an FT60 :) i was mislead greatly when I bought it and thought FT7 let you program V02 max.... oh well! I do like it and it seems accurate as far as calories.