Uk grandparents rights???????

Options
Do any of you have any info re grandparents rights in the Uk

I have googled and seen that there is a bill going to be heard later this month but what is the situation now for a grandfather who leaves grandmother and is being denied access out of maliciousness? I have found contradictory info thus far.

Any help gratefully received, thank you Deb.

Replies

• roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I can't answer your question directly, but the Grandparent's association may be able to help

http://www.grandparents-association.org.uk/

Rosey x
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have any info re grandparents rights in the Uk

I have googled and seen that there is a bill going to be heard later this month but what is the situation now for a grandfather who leaves grandmother and is being denied access out of maliciousness? I have found contradictory info thus far.

Any help gratefully received, thank you Deb.

Grandparents do have the right to see their Grandchildren full stop, and you can take it further particularly when there is no reason other that mallice involved. Here is a link that I hope will be helpful:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Lookingafterchildrenifyoudivorceorseparate/Lookingafterchildrenifyourrelationshipends/DG_192848

Good Luck!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so very much I will follow up on those links right now Debbie
  • Jen788134
    Jen788134 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Instead of taking legal action which will probably distance the relationship between the son/daughter with their Father more.. Why not spend the energy and time trying to build the relationship back. Given time I'm sure they will forgive him for leaving their Mother and allow him to see his Grandchildren again. Children are very loyal and it will take time for them to forgive him for abandoning their Mother for whatever reasons he had
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Instead of taking legal action which will probably distance the relationship between the son/daughter with their Father more.. Why not spend the energy and time trying to build the relationship back. Given time I'm sure they will forgive him for leaving their Mother and allow him to see his Grandchildren again. Children are very loyal and it will take time for them to forgive him for abandoning their Mother for whatever reasons he had

Yep no intentions of taking legal action, I just want to know if there are in fact rights of grandparents. Working on the relationships with children and grandchildren is a given :)