Fat Day

Options
Yesterday was what my husband and I like to call as "Fat Day." It is where you have a day that no matter what you do, wear, or eat you will still feel like you are the fattest you have ever been. I hate these days because I tend to eat and eat because what does it matter... if I already feel fat, then I should be able to eat what I want and not feel guilty. Which sounds good to me, but by the end of the day, I feel so guilty and bad.

Does anyone else have days like this and if so, how do you get through them?

Replies

• iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i make myself go for a run, then i don't feel icky anymore.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    exercise it will make you feel better
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, every day is a fat day! :laugh:
  • FitBridget
    FitBridget Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I clean my house thoroughly and rearrange my furniture. It gives me some exercise when I can't get up the motivation to go to the gym, and allows me to feel more in control and like I accomplished something.
  • Sarakay81
    Options
    FINE! If no one will openly admit they have fats days, then allow me to cut in. No one is immune to a fat day. I have a fat day every day I am not working, why do you think I work so much? Exercise has helped tremendously, but I still have those feelings that I should just give in. Face it girl, it's part depression, part being unhealthy, part dealing with life. The only way to get out of a fat day is to take control. No one can(or ever will) change what you do except for you. If you want to be fat and die young, have as many fat days as you want, but if you don't tell yourself (using your head voice) you aren't doing it anymore. You are young, life can be worth living if you just get up and do it. Sorry if I sound mean or too blunt, but come one! We know who the boss is here...and I love her too much to let her feel bad about her fat days. You can do it girl, it's all in you.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have fat days too... and I'm sure everyone else on this site does too..and honestly, it's ok!

Just chalk it up to one day and hop back on tomorrow.. nothing says that you can't do that. Hit the gym twice as hard today and eat really well.. problem solved.
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    I clean my house thoroughly and rearrange my furniture. It gives me some exercise when I can't get up the motivation to go to the gym, and allows me to feel more in control and like I accomplished something.

yeah i like this idea. i might do it tomorrow and ill have a lot of time at home
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that, I try to tell myself "yes, I'm feeling fat now, but I'm taking steps to change that" and then try to use that as motivation to make healthy choices. But like others have said, forcing yourself to exercise is one of the best things you can do....even if you don't feel any better for it that day, you're not doing this (MFP/healthy lifestyle) for one day, you're doing this for the long run. (I couldn't re-word that to my satisfaction without the pun.)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Everyone has fat days, but i dont use them as an excuse to eat 'fat' things all day!
  • Kaety03
    Kaety03 Posts: 16
    Options
    I use to have Fat Weekends, and I recently stopped this. I figured I could go out and eat whatever I wanted on the weekend as long as I worked out. This had to stop, b/c I was negating all my progress from the week. Maybe just cheat for one meal, and eat good the rest of the day? I occasionally do that.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 2 and I have fat days about three times a week. I even had fat days when I was a size 00. It's just part of life. :/
  • hollymcd1027
    Options
    Heck yeah I have fat days. Dude everyone has down days... we just all call them different things depending on what our "issues" are.

The key is to not give into your negative feelings. Have one fat day indulgence and then get let it go. Keep reminding yourself of how you know you will feel the next day and that its not worth it today. If giving into the negative and bad feelings makes you feel worse, then DON'T do it! DO the opposite.... get some exercise, eat something healthy.... look at your before pictures and then how you look now and know that you can do this and make it though!

All of which I know is easier said then done.... but trust me once you realize you can change your thoughts and your reactions it gets easier. I know becuase I've been there and I'm still working on it! The other day I did not want to get out of bed at 4:45 AM to work out. I told myself that I can stay in bed and then feel like a loser all day, or I can get up and feel good about myself all day.... I managed to get out of bed and had a great work out! If I can do it, any one can! =)
  • sandivandy
    Options
    SaraKay-I love your bluntness and I love you too!