Butter Spray

Options
Does anyone have information on "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray"? I know the label's zero calorie content is only for a few sprays, but I tend to "dump" it on everything. Anyway, I am looking for info on the affect it might have on dieting or blood sugar levels...any info would be helpful. thanks!

Replies

• erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    Does anyone have information on "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray"? I know the label's zero calorie content is only for a few sprays, but I tend to "dump" it on everything. Anyway, I am looking for info on the affect it might have on dieting or blood sugar levels...any info would be helpful. thanks!
  • erin00glen
    Options
    Check out Calorieking.com
  • Mary4Jesus
    Mary4Jesus Posts: 219
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Erica...my name is Mary, and I use it all the time. I spray a lot on my veggies, but I pour it in my oatmeal. I like the taste on my veggies and oatmeal. I don't see anything wrong with it. I am a diabetic and I've never been told not to use it and it hasn't done anything to my blood sugar level. Hope you find the info you want, I will be watching also for some info if anyone has more.
  • Mary4Jesus
    Mary4Jesus Posts: 219
    Options
    I went to calorieking.com like Erin said, here's their info...
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter's Spreads: Spray, Topping has 4 calories, 0.4g of fat and 0.0g of carbs in each serving, 5 sprays.
    Thanks Erin....:flowerforyou:
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks for the info...I did check out calorieking, according to them one teaspoon contains 20 calories which I have not been counting in my daily calories, so NOW i will have to. The diabetic aspect is good to know, I don't want to use it if there are any negative effects on blood sugar levels.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE PLASTIC OIL "BUTTER" SPRAY! Use Olive Oil instead.
    --Diann...
  • shooting_star
    Options
    butter spray? as in butter in an aerosol format? That's just plain mental, don't think we have it here in the UK. We do have olive oil spray which is apparently 1 calorie per spray.
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This was a topic on the Doctors today. Jillian Michaels was on and they said that because there is less than one calorie in each spray the company is allowed to have 0 calories in the nutritional info. The problem is when people begin to over use the spray thinking that it is calorie free. In one bottle there is over 900 calories and one bottle contains 1700 servings. To get to the point, use it in moderation!

Hope this helps:smile:

Oops.. that totally ignored your question.. I was just so excited to post on this topic while I was watching the same topic on the Doctors.. haha
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere maybe hungry girl - can't remember that 25 sprays has 2g of fat.