Feels Good

Options
I had no idea how much losing a parent can really effect the way you diet and exercise. Lost my dad in February (only 72) and totally stopped caring about myself in terms of eating right, exercise and social drinking. Talk about a tailspin! My youngest daughter (14) finally opened my eyes. It's been 10 days now that I've been tracking what I eat, exercising, and just feeling good about myself. I'm doing this first for myself, and secondly for my family. My father would not have wanted to me to be on this tailspin. I have strong family support, and I love this community support!!!!

Replies

• FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    loosing someone we love is always very tough, good luck on your journey, sounds like you now have the right mind set xxx Mfp is a fantastic community and will definatley make the ride easier xxx
  • Niliii
    Niliii Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.. :(
    good luck with getting back on track, I hope you can manage even better than the last time.
  • shelbert13
    Options
    {{HUGS}} to you! I have been on the same track except my mom died at 55 four years ago and I am just now pulling myself back into the game. It's scary to think how badly our emotions can affect our everyday lives. I'm glad you are back in the game! Keep it up! Your dad would be proud of you!!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you're going through. My mom died 8 years ago from lung cancer. During her 2 year illness I was her health care provider and put on 140 lbs. Part of the gain was from trying to find anything that she would eat a little of, and a lot of it wasn't the healthy foods. What she ate, I ate. Part of the gain was when I lost her I went into a deep depression, and I ate emotionally to fill the void.

So understand you're not alone and if I can help in any way, just let me know. Feel free to add me