best exercise to help lose leg fat?

Options
I seem to have big thighs and would really like to lose some of that fat. What cardio exercises or strength training have you all found to be the most beneficial for losing weight and inches around your thighs?

Replies

• mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Lunges work great!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat, your body loses from where it loses, nothing you can do about that. Just stick with an appropriate caloric deficit and exercise and you will eventually lose the fat.
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    id like to know this two my thighs are like chubby baby thighs cute when your in nappies not so cute when your in a tankini lol
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I did the Couch to 5K (C25K) and lost quite a few inches off my thighs! That program changed me from a nonrunner to a runner at heart (I am still not very fast :wink:) and slimmed out my thighs and tightened my butt!

I highly recommend it :bigsmile:
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    The brazil butt lift.
    Its focused on ur bum, but you do so many lunges and things that it does wonders for your thighs too.
    and also you get abs without having to do sit-ups!
  • paddythemic
    Options
    run!!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of disappointing news... However, there really is no way to 'specifically target a fat area'. Your body will burn fat from whichever point it sees fit. Different people lose fat in different locations at different times. The good news is ... working out will help you burn fat overall and if you do a combination of cardio and strength training, when your body DOES get around to burning fat from whichever area you so desire, you will have some ripping toned muscles underneath to show off! Don't get discouraged because the target areas aren't slimming now, just keep at it and eventually it will ALL be FABulous! So target the muscles that you want to define and eventually you will get there.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Running and kettlebell swings. I've always had chunky thighs, but this combination seems to melt them away better than anything!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Sumo squats, reg squats, the hip abduction machines and lunges w/ weights in each hand. Do at least three sets of 10-15 reps of each. :-) You should see results within a few weeks if you do them at least three times a week.

Good luck, hope this helps!
  • awkwwward
    Options
    I have the same problem and those saying running are lying (lol - partially j/k). I've lost some 30+ inches and 75 pounds over the last nine months and only TWO of those inches have been from my thighs. I've been running most of that time. It's true - you can't "spot treat" your body - only tighten it up and pray....
  • louisebear
    Options
    oo brazillian butt..im gonna start lunges haha
  • gdengler
    gdengler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You have to burn fat all over your body, it's not true that you can lose fat in specific areas. Keep a healthy diet with around 150 carbs/day, drink a lot of water, cut alcohol and caffeine and weight train more than you do cardio :-) good luck!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of disappointing news... However, there really is no way to 'specifically target a fat area'. Your body will burn fat from whichever point it sees fit. Different people lose fat in different locations at different times. The good news is ... working out will help you burn fat overall and if you do a combination of cardio and strength training, when your body DOES get around to burning fat from whichever area you so desire, you will have some ripping toned muscles underneath to show off! Don't get discouraged because the target areas aren't slimming now, just keep at it and eventually it will ALL be FABulous! So target the muscles that you want to define and eventually you will get there.

^^^^^^^^^
    What she said.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Lunges, squats and leg press will all help.

Running may have its benefits, but I find that walking on a treadmill at an incline works wonders too.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Walking to the plastic surgeon is the only way to reduce a specific body part. Lose the weight and exercise, your body will do what it want to do :)
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Cardio.
  • Michelleando
    Options
    Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 is awsome! Starting week 2 day 3. I have last approx. 2 1/2 inches in my abs and waist. I have strong legs but their appearence is yet to be desired. Since starting JM ripped in 30 I have seen a dramatic change in their appearence....smoothing out, if you know what I mean.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Is the Brazillian Butt Lift a workout DVD? I know it's a procedure involving an implant but the PP made it seem like a workout (not one I'd look forward to, for sure).
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I stopped taking elevators and try to climb at least 12 to 15 flights of stairs a day plus I get in at least 10000 steps of walking per day (almost every day) . Maybe you can't target the fat from one area but the more muscle mass in the area usually the better it looks. I have lost an amazing amount of inches from my thighs. My family tends to have big thighs and for the firs time in my life I am liking the way my thighs look in shorts.