Guilty pleasure.....

ElvaM
ElvaM Posts: 4
edited October 3 in Motivation and Support
Yesterday I went over my calorie goal by 47 calories :ohwell: . The feeling of guilt afterwards really sucks! I have been considering posting my food diary viewable to all my friends. Just thinking maybe that way others can see what I have been eating and give me some support and suggestions and keep me straight. As I see others food diary I am so impressed on how great you guys do and the smart choices you make.......(just a thought for today)!

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 577 Member
    47 calories over is not so bad.....just do a little extra on your work out or walk....at first I didn't have my diary viewable....but I'm glad I do now.......even on the days that aren't so good......LOL.....it helps me stay on track and eat right...knowing that everyone can see it!!!
  • 47 calories!!!!!!! I went 344 calories over my goal! You should not beat yourself up over that! It will be OK! :smile:
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    47! calories.... whoopie doo

The good thing is that you are conscious of your calories. But put it into perspective. 47 Calories for one day in the entire week is hardly noticeable.

When you're shooting for your goal, are you trying to lose 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0 pounds per week? What I like about MFP is that it applies a calorie deficit to your daily caloric needs. So, if you're trying to lose 2.0 per week, your deficit is X amount. If you're trying to lose 1.5 pounds per week, your deficit is Y amount. Is the difference between X and Y way less than 47 calories? Probably not.

So no fret.

Going over 47 calories is really not a big issue in the perspective of the whole week. If it will help you feel better, "zig-zag" and go under your goal by 47 calories the following day.
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Also, just think of how many calories your body burns daily just naturally. I think if you sat down all day your body still burns like 100 calories or something like that lol. I have my diary viewable and I definatly am not a pro at eating healthy, I have been trying to make more healthy choices like cutting out soda and junk food etc but am definatly on a journy of learning what eating really healthy looks like. I think when you have it open it just helps you feel like your being more accountable, and I also like when other people's diaries are public cause it definatly helps me learn about new eating choices!
This discussion has been closed.