It's the little things, really!

Options
Ok, by no means am I close where I need to be, but I'm off to a good start! And no matter what the scale says, I FEEL BETTER! Physically, mentally, spiritually, ETC. ANYWAYS, today I'm wearing my "skinny jeans." ANDDDDDD, my skinny jeans are starting to get loose! Normally I have to suck it in to get them buttoned. This morning, I got ready to suck it in and pray they buttoned; instead, they buttoned perfectly! AND, they are starting to get loose in my buttocks area...and I can breathe in them. HAHA, it really is the little things that make this journey fun and enjoyable. I currently haven't budged on the scale for the past week, but it's these littls NSVs that make me happy and are the reason I'm not discouraged! OH, and my fat jeans (which had gotten to the point where they were my go-to jeans since they were the ones that fit the best) are actually becoming my fat jeans again. YAY! :)

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Screw the scale. I am a little shallow and vain. It's about the clothes. There I said it. I like looking good more. Great job!
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Isn't it fun to feel the success! :)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV! It really IS the little things! Best wishes for continued success!
  • ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job! I joined this website because my fat jean fit and my skinny jeans didnt so you go girl! Hopefully I will get there soon myself
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You want to talk little? I remember the first time I actually felt air between my underwear & my jeans!! When you go from "sucking in and praying" to "Uh-oh, is my zipper undone"? kinda feeling, it's awesome!!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling...it puts you in a good mood all day long. Congratulations on your accomplishment!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more! I love when the clothes fit better! You are doing great - keep it up!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV!:flowerforyou:
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    That's great. My weight hasn't really budged in a few months but my clothes are fitting so much better. I am doing heavy weight training so I'm hoping that it is the muscle replacing fat that is keeping my weight steady. I put on a belt I haven't worn in a while the other day and had to go 3 notches past where I alway buckled it. Keep working hard and the results will follow.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I LOVED it when my fav jeans I no longer had fit comfortably in became comfortable once again! The scale may not move, but your inches will go..seems to be back and forth scale one week, inches another..for some people. I am stupid because I never measured myself before starting. I did a side by side pic from starting till now WOW what a diff.
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    good for you! it really is the small things that start to make the goal look better and better. keep on truckin girl!
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You want to talk little? I remember the first time I actually felt air between my underwear & my jeans!! When you go from "sucking in and praying" to "Uh-oh, is my zipper undone"? kinda feeling, it's awesome!!
    Hahaha, I totally know that feeling! I can't wait until I have it with the next size lower.
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • JamsAlex
    JamsAlex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is terrific! The first steps are the hardest and you have already made great progress!. You are definitely right that it is the little things that count. That is not only what keeps us going but how you change your lifestyle too. I woke up one day and realized I was doing everything that we all know is the ideal on how to lose weight and the changes came by adding one small thing at a time. I started taking the stairs instead of the elevator, drinking water, added exercise, eating breakfast everyday, eating snacks.

I've had a week or so when the scale didn't seem to move like I expected but I knew I was doing everything the way I was supposed to so I learned that although I am addicted to stepping on the scale, it is not always a true reflection of the progress you have made. A lot of things effect that number so do not get too hung on it if it doesn't move like it want it to. The true test is the measurements, pictures and clothes. I wish I had started with a more detailed journal of photos when I started.

Keep up the great work. You are going to do it. You have lots of folks here to help you take the journey. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!