Healthy Brownies? Suggestions Please!

Options
Shanna_Inc86
Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
So I love brownies...hell I love chocolate in general!
I'm in search of a low calorie brownie recipe that actually tastes good. Tried making brownies using Betty Crocker mix and subbing in apple sauce and just egg whites instead of oil and whole eggs...they were no bueno

Anyone have any ideas??

Replies

• Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ohhh hope someone replies, i'd like to know also :)
  • EroseT23
    EroseT23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    http://www.cbc.ca/bestrecipes/2010/10/lean-but-luscious-chocolate-brownies.html

If at all possible, I recommend making your own plum puree. These are amazing and I love them. :)
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't know if they're necessarily "healthy" but Cooking Light just had a whole bunch of brownie recipes in a recent issue (they're on cookinglight.com too) I can attest that the Salted Caramel Brownies are AMAZING and at only 180 calories they aren't quite as bad as a regular one. I like to save room for a treat now and then and these go over like crazy when I bring them to parties. They're my new go-to dessert for potlucks ;-)
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies

Ingredients:

1 box any commercial prepared brownie mix
    1 15.5-ounce can black beans

Directions:

Open can of beans
    Place can's contents, including liquid, in blender. Blend.
    Mix thoroughly with brownie mix. (No eggs, oil or other ingredients needed.)
    Place in oiled baking pan.
    Bake according to package directions. Cool and serve.

Approximately 100 calories per brownie, which are also low-fat and high fiber.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    try the skinnytaste.com site.

i love the recipes there. i haven't seen one for brownies but i'm sure there is one.
  • w_sanford
    w_sanford Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies!
  • mhig011975
    Options
    have you ever tried to make raw brownies? They are healthy and taste SOOOOOOOOOO goood
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies

Ingredients:

Directions:

Open can of beans

I am soooooo gonna try this recipe!

THANKS!
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    easist thing ever.. the i think Phillsbury? sugar free brownies! and if u cut them in to the rigth amout of servings theyre lijke nothing! they make the perfect treat!.. just allow for them in ur daily totals! and boy they are sooooooooooooo moist!!!!... i guess bc of the oil! ugh good!.. as long as u dont mind that little after taste that the artificial sweetners give.. doesnt last long enough or bad enough tho to divert me away from them!.. give them a try! i thought they were great!
  • AFettes21
    AFettes21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Pillsbury now has Dark Chocolate Brownies that are only 160 calories! I'm not a huge fan of dark chocolate but these were delicious!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies

Ingredients:

Directions:

Open can of beans

Never in my life would have thought to do this... may just have to give it a whirl!
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    There is also a mix out there called "no pudge" fudge brownies.... it's a pink box. all you mix into it is a cup of yogurt.... it's no bad, my teenage boys will even eat them!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I've seen a recipe for brownies using a cup of blueberries. May not be too low cal but is healthier than normal at least.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses...I figured I wasn't the only woman who just cannot give up her chocolate so easily :wink:

I'm definitely going to try those black been brownies and check out the sites :happy:
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    90 calorie fiber one brownies.
  • AbigailBoyle
    Options
    Hi! I made some vegan brownies not too long ago with tofu. They turned out REALLY great. Even my husband loved them...and knowing him, that says a lot!!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/mighty-appetite/2008/09/tofu_brownies.html
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    totally want to try the black bean brownies. I made a chocolate cake with chic peas and it was really good....
  • RunMickey7
    Options
    No Pudge Fudge--like someone mentioned is really good. And you can make small batches of it. Also, Hungry Girl has some recipes using pumpkin. Pumpkin is very high in fiber.