NO carb recipes

Options
randa_behnam
randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
Hi

Im doing the dukan and im stuck for dinner ideas... and also lunch ideas.... im ok when it comes to the protein and veg days but protein only days i have no idea what to eat anymore. it seems to be a rotation of meatballs, eggs, chicken or steak.

can anyone give me any quick and easy and cheap protein only dishes :o)

Replies

• sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have you tried tuna? Hight in Protein and easy.
  • staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein snack is pepperoni chips. I get the big slices from the deli and stick in a 200 degree oven until they are dry and crisp. Yummy!
  • missle30
    missle30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers, without the bun, of course.
  • Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    Options
    i go for beef jerkey.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    cheese is a great snack. Sometimes I grate some on top of a grilled chicken breast to get in extra protein too.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    A lot of the recipes on my blog are low carb friendly. Contact me if you would like the link.
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    do you like fish? my main two dishes lately have been broiled tilapia (and its so quick and easy!) and grilled chicken with light sweet onion vinaigrette.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Canadian Bacon. I think there is 1 carb in 4 slices.
  • friesther
    friesther Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Randa,

For you protein days you could add Salmon, beans, soy milk, yogurt, cheese.

Good luck:smile:
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I just went through a 2 week no carb induction so I understand! Here are a couple things that got me through it:

Breakfast - usually one slice of cut up deli ham/turkey cooked in egg whites, topped with a little shredded cheese

Snack - cheesesticks (mix it up - cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack)

Lunch - 1) one can of tuna with 1/2 tbsp mayo and a dash of celery salt (if you can have real celery it tastes much better!) 2) seasoned chicken breast cooked on George Foreman, 3) two turkey burgers cooked on George Foreman topped with mustard and 1/2 tbsp Heinz reduced-sugar ketchup (only 1 carb per tbsp) 4) deli meat rolled up with cheese with mustard (not my fav but very quick and easy)

Dinner - Usually chicken, fish, or shrimp. Try mixing it up a bit with the chicken. Remember, cheese is your friend! Try chicken stuffed with goat cheese (or feta, or blue cheese, whatever you like). Dip chicken tenders in a little heavy whipping cream or egg or olive oil and coat with grated parmesan cheese and either bake, grill or cook in olive oil. To make "honey" mustard, mix brown spicy mustard with about 4 packets of Splenda.

Dessert - I tried to avoid soda but if you really really need to satisfy a sweet tooth, get a diet root beer and mix with about 2-4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream. Tastes just like a root beer float.